Hans is offline Associate Member

Times of day to eat????

Have read mixed reviews/opinions of what time of day is best for carb or fat intake. Bulking diet. Not on gear right now, next month starting a cycle.
    I'm 6'3, 215, about 15%BF-guess. Train 5Xwk. Got the food % correct for me to gain clean. But maybe i'm not optimizing my goals as I don't structure Prot/Fat or Prot/Carb meals at certain times of day. When is best to have the majority of carbs or fat during my meals?
    Here's my eating schedule (times do vary)....

Wake up around 8am
    1. 9am-Breakfast,
    2. 11:30am-mid-morning meal,
    3. 2pm-lunch,
    4. 4pm-pre-workout meal,
    In the gym training btw 5:30p & 7pm
    5. 7pm-post-workout meal,
    6. 830pm-dinner,
    in bed by 1030p or 11pm....also should I have a shake or something right before bed?

Thanks in advance to those bros who reply and know what they're talking about. Hans

speak is offline Associate Member
    Why do you wait an hour to eat after you wake up? I get out of bed and go straight for my shaker cup and have two scoops of protien while I'm waiting for my oatmeal to cook. 5 minutes later I'm eating oatmeal. I personally would have the first meal done by 8 so you could start the next meal by 10. Also after your work out you have a meal listed, this should be a shake of pro/dext 1:2. Then have your post work out meal.

I have almost your same schedual but wake up a little earlier. That last meal is tough to squeez in and I'm also having problems with it. I think a protien drink with flax is all I can do.

Times vary, typically though wake up, brush teeth, throw on clothes and drive to Starbucks, get my coffee and come back, then start cooking 10 egg whiters and 2 bowls of oatmeal for breakfast, then sip coffee till mid-morning meal. Realize I should probably eat 1st!?, then hit Starbucks, slowly making changes to routine. I'm real disciplined structuring time and need it that way for me to feel comfortable. But realize I should eat 1st then hit Starbucks.

After I workout, that meal is a shake. Still researching the dextrose concept and have not incorporated into diet yet. Too many miscellaneous threads out there on dextrose and getting confused. My shake is either a bottle of ABB (manufacturer is American BodyBuilding) XXL Extreme which is 1090 calories of 220g carbs (only 53g sugar) and 50g protein...real good stuff but filling, says to drink post workout and over 15 minute period. Or, I blend a Myoplex or Isopure shake with water and throw in banana/strawberries along w/ glutamine and creatine.

Last meal (shake) before bed is tough, but could only help I realize.

bump

Thread Information