SayHelotomylilFriend is offline Associate Member

Good Fat, Bad Fat ? How To

Hi all, Knowing my goal is MASS GAIN, I personnaly think that fat is ESSENTIAL in a diet. At the moment, my diet is mainly made of Hight Protain, low carbs and low fat.

First off. I know there are bad FAT and good FAT.. How to know in which categorie some food is ? And what exactly is that good and bad fat.. as far As I know, there are unsaturated fat, saturated fat and Trans-Fat ?

Is the fat in the Milk a saturated or Trans-fat ? (I take fat free milk now but I want to add some good fat to my diet and I wonder if a 2% fat milk is of good or bad fat)

anyway please clarify me on that!

thanks

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    I don't consume milk b/c of the shi++y carbs, that should be your main concern depending on your goals.

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    Some good fat to stick to is fish fat b/c it mainly comes form the omega-3 oils in the fish which help you out a lot, as getbig said I as well don't drink milk, I supplemnt with calcium pills to get that.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    This is a good read:
    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...t=efa+fish+oil
    Thanks go to Blown_SC for all this good info.
    peace,
    otto

gino_slayer is offline Associate Member
    In order for me to gain weight I cant be all that concsious of what kind of milk I drink and, to a certain extent, what kind of carbs I take in. If you want to gain muscle and your not really worried about a little fat gain, as its inevitable if you want to put on size fast, then dont sweat the small stuff. I'm not saying to eat junk, still shoot for brown rice, yams and stuff like that as a carb source, but dont sweat the small stuff like what percent milk you should drink (unless your a real endomorph and you gain weight easily).

As for fats, saturated are bad. That means go for extra lean cuts of meat, no deep fried stuff at restaurants... stuff like that. Good fats include stuff like Olive Oil, Flax Seed Oil, Fish Oil... stuff like that.

Hope that helped you out a bit.

big'r is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SayHelotomylilFriend
    Hi all, Knowing my goal is MASS GAIN, I personnaly think that fat is ESSENTIAL in a diet. At the moment, my diet is mainly made of Hight Protain, low carbs and low fat.

First off. I know there are bad FAT and good FAT.. How to know in which categorie some food is ? And what exactly is that good and bad fat.. as far As I know, there are unsaturated fat, saturated fat and Trans-Fat ?

Is the fat in the Milk a saturated or Trans-fat ? (I take fat free milk now but I want to add some good fat to my diet and I wonder if a 2% fat milk is of good or bad fat)
    To start of there's also mono unsaturated fat + poly unsaturated fat.
    The poly's are divided into omega 3,6 and 9 i believe. Where fish oil is Omega 3.

The only fats without any "side effects" are mono unsaturated fats (olive oil, nuts, in Holland we have butter containing olive oil, making the balance between good and bad fats in the butter positive.) and omega 3's.

Trans fatty acids are mostly found in butter, cookies, cake, snacks.

Now I know saturated fat will make you gain body fat more than mono unsaturated fats, even tho they provide an equal amount of calories.

Poly unsaturated fats are considered pretty good, but not as healthy as mono unsaturated. (Unless they're omega 3's) (They can oxidize your dna or something.)

Saturated fats are mostly found in animal produkts.

But don't freak out too much, it's the ratio between unsaturated/saturated fats that's most important: Make sure you eat more unsaturated than saturated fats, with the largest part coming from mono unsaturated fats.

Thread Information