bigguy20 is offline Associate Member

Can i drink my egg whites??

recently ive been talking to a buddy at the gym about diet and he was saying that he drank his egg whites instead of eating them.. but.. i also heard that drinking them doesnt give you as much protein and nutrients as when you cook them..that doesnt make sense to me, i always thought that cooking food actually kills more nutrients than when its raw. what do you guys think??
    i personally like drinking 12 egg whites as opposed to eating them its just easier.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by bigguy20
    recently ive been talking to a buddy at the gym about diet and he was saying that he drank his egg whites instead of eating them.. but.. i also heard that drinking them doesnt give you as much protein and nutrients as when you cook them..that doesnt make sense to me, i always thought that cooking food actually kills more nutrients than when its raw. what do you guys think??
    i personally like drinking 12 egg whites as opposed to eating them its just easier.

like putting down ONE FRICKEN HUGE A$$ BOOGEY

ughhhlllllhhhh

LMAO i know man but really its not bad, the ones i buy come in the carton those ones arent really snotty lol there actually much more watery than i thought. i dont actually crack my eggs open and take all the whites from the yolk i think its a waste of time and eggs, its also more expensive.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Actually it's more expensive, white per white, to buy them in the small cartons then by the dozen in whole eggs. Plus they're pasteurized so you don't have to worry about salmonella poisoning.

smegs is offline Member
    i've heard some theory that your body will only absorb ~50% of the protein when drank raw..

Syndicate is offline Associate Member
    Speaking of eggs, I just picked up 15 dozen @ walmart for $15! Personaly I would rather eat them, then drink them.

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Actually it's more expensive, white per white, to buy them in the small cartons then by the dozen in whole eggs. Plus they're pasteurized so you don't have to worry about salmonella poisoning.
    i dunno man, where i live i can buy 16 eggwhites for 1.69(can) and a carton of 16 eggs is like 3 dollars. so anyways in the end is it ok or not ok to drink egg whites? anybody have any factual evidence?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    The liquid eggs you buy are pasteurized so they are safe to drink...and yes it's ok to just drink them. Now regular eggs.... I strongly advise against it do to the fact that you WILL eventually get salmonilla poisoning.

ok sounds good, so is it a rumour that you dont absorb as much protien if drank raw??

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well the liquid eggs you buy aren't raw.... they've been slightly cooked at a very low temperature that kills off the bacteria so they're not raw.

Thread Information