Klossus is offline Associate Member

Need Sugars Explained

What is the glycemetric index?

I知 beginning to understand my diet a little more. I知 trying to cut out simple sugars from my diet, I use to be a big milk/cereal (kashi) person in the morning until I was told to do otherwise, so that has been cut. So now I look for foods with a few to 0 grams of sugar in them.

Why is it I want to cut sugars out of my diet? I知 assuming this is to avoid the insulin spike, but after that I am clueless as to what happens because of the spike.
    I imagine that this is why I have a 2:1 ratio of dex to protein in my pwo shake.
    What does this do for me?

Overall I am just confused, as I have been getting bits and pieces here and there so I have some of the picture but can稚 figure out exactly what I知 looking at as of yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

big'r is offline Junior Member
    Simple carbs are high on the glycemic index, they enter the bloodstream quickly and fill it with glucose. Your body reacts because of this enormous dose given to it at once. It releases insulin cause it will have more energy than needed just to stay alive. It has enough energy to grow.

When you take high glycemic index carbs before/during/post workout, you usually combine this with whey protein (which will also enter the bloodstream fast). Whey added to the carbs will increas your insulin even more. And because of the stimulus you have given your muscle during workout, your body will start building muscle.

So far so good. But when you take a high dose of high glycemic carbs during your couch potatoe routine, your body will also respond by giving you a nice insulin boost. But since you have not given it the right stimulus to grow, it will just save this energy for a time in your life when you CAN use it by storing it as fat.

Damn, we don't want that. So try to use as much as possible low glycemic (complex) carbs during the day. These will enter the bloodstream more slowly and will not result in a huge insulin peak, followed by some - not so cute - fat storage.

this is great, thank you. i dont like men but will you be my hetro-life mate?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by big'r
    Simple carbs are high on the glycemic index, they enter the bloodstream quickly and fill it with glucose. Your body reacts because of this enormous dose given to it at once. It releases insulin cause it will have more energy than needed just to stay alive. It has enough energy to grow.

When you take high glycemic index carbs before/during/post workout, you usually combine this with whey protein (which will also enter the bloodstream fast). Whey added to the carbs will increas your insulin even more. And because of the stimulus you have given your muscle during workout, your body will start building muscle.

So far so good. But when you take a high dose of high glycemic carbs during your couch potatoe routine, your body will also respond by giving you a nice insulin boost. But since you have not given it the right stimulus to grow, it will just save this energy for a time in your life when you CAN use it by storing it as fat.

Damn, we don't want that. So try to use as much as possible low glycemic (complex) carbs during the day. These will enter the bloodstream more slowly and will not result in a huge insulin peak, followed by some - not so cute - fat storage.
    funny ... because in oklahoma i have been told that Women dont like guys who are Veiny and Who shave their body's ROFL >< honestly i just met my first woman who Likes the Ripped BeefKake appearance EVER. This state is SO BACKWARDS... f'n Bible Belt. Dont mind me just venting and only reason i say this is because you stated NOT SO CUTE fat storage Funny stuff..

big'r is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klossus
    this is great, thank you. i dont like men but will you be my hetro-life mate?
    Sure bro, but it will probably have to stay with an internet relationship since i live in Europe

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    ok this thread has to go now. ....
    SC Obliverate it!
    I command you as a mod to use ur mod pwrs...and ZAP IT because he said
    Hetro-LifeMate! ><

hetro-lifemate????
    i didnt know what it meant!!!
    i sware i only said cause i saw it on a movie once
    hahahaha

Thread Information