Thread: 10 day no carbs

chinups Guest

10 day no carbs

I am thinking about going 100% diet in 1 week, strict no cheating at all for summer. I want to start this saturday and do no carbs till next saturday, then have a huge pasta dinner to carb the shat out of my body and the next day which is monday start a strict balanced diet. I figure it could do two things make me appreciate carbs (smart carbs) and lose a couple lbs before I start summer diet

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chinups
    I am thinking about going 100% diet in 1 week, strict no cheating at all for summer. I want to start this saturday and do no carbs till next saturday, then have a huge pasta dinner to carb the shat out of my body and the next day which is monday start a strict balanced diet. I figure it could do two things make me appreciate carbs (smart carbs) and lose a couple lbs before I start summer diet
    That's interesting. Do you have a question?

chinups Guest
    Yeah what do you think about it? I just want some opninions I suppose. I know that the balanced BB diet is better but will you shed some nice lbs doing atkins for 7 days?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    dood do a complete 2 day detox diet kinda like a Fasting
    do some research i read about it where you live off vegetable broth REAL HOME MADE none of that preserv and lotsa green tea and massive water for 2 days suppose to really cleanse system and help out colon and all other krap in body... but i cant recall exactly what it is or to do but something along those lines... try it it works!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    In 7 days of Atkins type dieting, you will lose water only for the most part. So, when u have your carb up day and resume a normal bb'ing diet, watch out for the crazy rebound. You may even think you are laying down lard, but it'll be a lot of rebound from the lack of carbs.

I'd just diet balanced from the get go, and not shock my body, but that's only my preference. I also don't like no carbs at all, because I need them after my weight training at least to support muscular recovery and to keep my thyroid kickin'.

~SC~

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    yeah man 1 week no carbs ur gonna drop some mad weight like 8-12 lbs!!!

of water!

I did no carb (under 5g carb/ day) for five years. The only way you can keep the weight on with with is with a fairly high percentage of fat.

If you do it, you will likely lose about 10lbs your first week. But, what Swole said is absolutely correct: the first week will be primarily water weight as your body goes into ketosis.

Personally, I dont know why you would want to start somethig and then start switching it. Assuming that what you does works, you wount even know what it is that IS working so it would be hard to replicate. Persoanlly, I would decide on a plan, then stick to it. If your experience is the same as mine, the guys that I see who are really in the best shape, are doing things as a way of life, rather than thinking in the short term.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    tried that once. I f*cking hated it. Lost weight and was sooooooo hungry. Although some people do well with less carbs I am not one of them.

-SHRED

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    From my understanding muscles need carbs to maintain/recover from workouts.. I think cardio 5x per week on an empty stomach coupled with a sensible diet would get you better results than this... JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    From my understanding muscles need carbs to maintain/recover from workouts.. I think cardio 5x per week on an empty stomach coupled with a sensible diet would get you better results than this... JMO.
    That is what "common" understanding is. I can tell you that, my muscles certainly recovered quite nicely without carbs, and protien is what the body uses to create muscle.

I can also report, that during this period my strength increased a great deal. I never got bigger, but I got much stronger. This may have also been, in part, due to excessive cardio that I was doing similtaneously.

On more than one occasion, I impressed so of the muscle guys at the gym who would look at me and say, "for someone who can handle that kind of weight, you should be much bigger." Possibly true - but not really the look I strive for anyway.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    In 7 days of Atkins type dieting, you will lose water only for the most part. So, when u have your carb up day and resume a normal bb'ing diet, watch out for the crazy rebound. You may even think you are laying down lard, but it'll be a lot of rebound from the lack of carbs.

I'd just diet balanced from the get go, and not shock my body, but that's only my preference. I also don't like no carbs at all, because I need them after my weight training at least to support muscular recovery and to keep my thyroid kickin'.

~SC~
    I agree

Thread Information