mitch911 is offline Member

Carbs in Cuttin Diet

Hey, I have been bulking clean for a while and have made some good size gains. As summer is aproaching i want to get rid of this little fat in the midsection quickly. Seeing how my bulking diet is pretty straight forward just like the sticky i can just adjust the carb intake. Should carbs only be taken in before pre workout pwo and ppwo? or should i add some in for breakfast after morn cardio? thanks

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    even when i cut i still do about half my total meals as pro/carb...
    1 or 2 carb meals before lifting and pwo and ppwo .. so thats like 3-4 carb meals outa bout 7 or 8

xenithon is offline Member
    Agreed. I personally think it is not the best idea to go from a maintenance or bulk diet to a diet with virrtually no carbs. So the cut may take a few weeks more - you will preserve more muscle IMO (carbs are muscle sparing lest we forget) in the long run. The sudden drop in carb consumption is the true definition of the words 'crash diet' which we are meant to be so against yet is encouraged so much!

in all honesty i like to cycle my carbs since i work out EOD i usually manipulate my carbs accordingly... say
    300-400 on leg day, then 200 on day off (next day), then 250 on chest day, then 150 on day off, then about 200 on back day, then 100 on off Day repeat.. usually like that really helps me lean out quickly

xenithon is offline Member
    Yeah, like a modified form of the carb-cycling diet. I too do something similar, regardless of cutting/maintaining/bulking. I train 4x/week with weights and on those days I get a certain number of cals and carbs (depending on my goal at that point in time) and on off days I have less carbs, making up for (some of) the caloric deficit with protein and healthy fats. I say some of as I often take in a bit less on off days, as I find that cycling caloric intake and not just carb intake helps keep the metabolism on its toes, which is important for me being an endo

i love to keto for like 2 or 3 days too .. well not the 2 or 3 days im doing it .. for dam sure but the rebound affect.. is very nice plus im uber lean that 3rd day which is great if i gotta give a presentation and get all dressed up.

Thread Information