Justarting is offline Associate Member

Hows this look for my lean muscle diet?

Im hesitant to say this is a bulking diet, yet it is, only in the sense that I will be consuming a surplus of calories. Every other aspect of this diet is geared towards fat loss (insulin control, am cardio, etc) and it is my attempt at gaining some lean muscle for my next cycle. I thnk that this, couple with anabolics gives me a decent chance at gaining lean muscle and not fat. Please critique

Stats... 185 pounds... looking to get to about 200 over 14 weeks
    bf=about 10
    height- 5'10

Am cardio
    Meal 1
    2 scoops whey(40 grams protein)
    25 almonds(18 grams of fat)
    about 500 or so calories,

Meal 2-2 cans of tuna
    3 tbsp's of mayonaise
    500 calories

Meal 3
    Chicken, Egg white, Fat Free cheese omlette with onions and salsa as well
    about 60 grams protein, low fat, moderate carbs
    arond 500/600 calories

Meal 4- Post workout
    80 grams dex,
    20 jellie bellies(for my sanity, i love sweets, dont worry they have no fat to accompany the insulin)
    2.5 scoops Whey
    600 calories

Meal 5 PPWO
    2 cups of Oatmeal (i acknowledge that rice would be better here, but I loathe rice, any other suggestions other than oatmeal since it absorbs a little too slow due to its fibre?)
    2 chicken breasts
    About 800 calories

Meal 6
    Moderate sized steak with a slgiht bit of carb free, fat free barbecue sauce (sweetened with splenda)
    about 400 calories

All in all it gives me around 3000 calories on average, depending on portions, and in the past I've had absolutley NO problem gaining weight off of 2500 calories, let alone 3000, but since the gear I have upped to 3000. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, and alternate food sources are also appreciated, THANKS.

nothing? no comments or anything?

Haha PLEASE

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    are u gonna post your diet now?

Quote Originally Posted by Justarting
    Im hesitant to say this is a bulking diet, yet it is, only in the sense that I will be consuming a surplus of calories. Every other aspect of this diet is geared towards fat loss (insulin control, am cardio, etc) and it is my attempt at gaining some lean muscle for my next cycle. I thnk that this, couple with anabolics gives me a decent chance at gaining lean muscle and not fat. Please critique

Stats... 185 pounds... looking to get to about 200 over 14 weeks
    bf=about 10
    height- 5'10

Am cardio
    Meal 1
    2 scoops whey(40 grams protein)
    25 almonds(18 grams of fat)
    about 500 or so calories,

Meal 2-2 cans of tuna
    3 tbsp's of mayonaise
    500 calories

Meal 3
    Chicken, Egg white, Fat Free cheese omlette with onions and salsa as well
    about 60 grams protein, low fat, moderate carbs
    arond 500/600 calories

Meal 4- Post workout
    80 grams dex,
    20 jellie bellies(for my sanity, i love sweets, dont worry they have no fat to accompany the insulin)
    2.5 scoops Whey
    600 calories

Meal 5 PPWO
    2 cups of Oatmeal (i acknowledge that rice would be better here, but I loathe rice, any other suggestions other than oatmeal since it absorbs a little too slow due to its fibre?)
    2 chicken breasts
    About 800 calories

Meal 6
    Moderate sized steak with a slgiht bit of carb free, fat free barbecue sauce (sweetened with splenda)
    about 400 calories

All in all it gives me around 3000 calories on average, depending on portions, and in the past I've had absolutley NO problem gaining weight off of 2500 calories, let alone 3000, but since the gear I have upped to 3000. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, and alternate food sources are also appreciated, THANKS.
    Thats not my diet???? What on earth are you talkiing about?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    LOL funny

First off how intense is your cardio.. HR/Duration
    try to work some skim milk into that PWO Shake and maybe some MaltoDex
    2cups oatmeal is fine
    Seem to be lacking fats.. need Flax/Fishy Fats
    You diet seems to be right on track though.. and as well put together as it is i assume you have a Good Multi/EFA's for morning and night meals?

I include a multi yes, but I dont understand where the lack of EFA's is from, the almonds offer 19 grams unsaturated fat, the mayonaiise offers 30 grams, mainly unsaturated, and finally the steak offers about 10 grams of fat, but thats mainly saturated. However 50 grams unsaturated a day, and 70 grams fat is too little? 70 grams fat on a 3000 calorie per day diet is 21 % fat, thats not enough?
    Possibly add another table spoon of flax and or mayonaiise to my last meal? Thanks

i personally like lotsa fat from fish/avacados/peanuts/flax are my main sources they make me happy full and energized sure u might end up adding about 400extra calories than you would if u replaced w/ complex carbs but i think having the extra omega's to aid in fatty acid transportation is a must and remember carbs are great but they are your Brick LAYERS not your bricks.. your protein and BCAA's are your bricks... i like 60/20/20 or 50/30/20 diet scheme w/ p/f/c

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    he is talking essential omega fats...like natty peanut butter, flax, and fish oil..... the almonds are good for efa's but he is saying that your total intake of fats should include more essential fats instead of stuff like mayonaise! although while bulking i would have no problem with your fat intake but i would definately add an EFA for your last meal to go along with the steak b/c depending on how lean and how well you cook the steak it is hard to know how much fat is in there.... but i never consume steak for my last meal even while bulking

Dood easy.. dont be dissin the MAYO!

Quote Originally Posted by getbig888
    he is talking essential omega fats...like natty peanut butter, flax, and fish oil..... the almonds are good for efa's but he is saying that your total intake of fats should include more essential fats instead of stuff like mayonaise! although while bulking i would have no problem with your fat intake but i would definately add an EFA for your last meal to go along with the steak b/c depending on how lean and how well you cook the steak it is hard to know how much fat is in there.... but i never consume steak for my last meal even while bulking

Why would you never consume a fatty steak as you're last meal, it has fat which slows the absorbtion of the protein, and is therefore less likely to be STORED as fat. Also, I think you're missing what I'M saying about the fatty acids in mayo... Nutritional info for the mayonaiise im using....

Cals- 100
    Fat- 11 grams
    Omega 3-1 gram
    Omega 6- 6 grams
    Monounsaturated 2.5 grams
    Saturated 1.5 grams
    Carbs-0
    Protein- 0.1

You tell me what I'm missing here man? 9.5 grams of unsaturated fat, with 7 grams of essential fatty acid and only 1.5 grams of saturated fat. Comparably you're definition of a "good" fat, Flax oil, has the following break down of fat

Polyunsaturated (OMEGA3 AND 6) has 10g
    MonoUnsaturate 3 grams
    Saturated 1.5 grams

BARELY ANY DIFFERENCE IN NUTRITION AND A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE IN TASTE/PRACTICALITY!

just because its unsaturated doesnt mean its an EFA
    http://www.thepaleodiet.com/fats.htm
    of course i could be wrong.. its been a common occurance in the past

the reason i don't consume steak for my last meal is because it is hard imo to know how much fat you are actually taking in... and i always have a casein protien shake before bed with flax

as for mayo.. i consume mayo year round even while cutting but i wouldn't consume it in your case because imo you are not getting enough other fat sources such as flax, fish oil, almonds, olive oil and so forth.... you are only consuming almonds!

mayo ingredients= soybean oil, water, eggs, vinegar, contains less than 2% of egg yolks, lemon juice concentrate, salt, sugar, dried onioins, dried garlic, paprika, natural flavor, calcium disodium edta (to protect flavor) according to you it has 7grams of omegas( i never knew this)

flax oil ingredients= organic flaxseed oil............
    it contains over 15 grams of efa's in one serving

anyway i am not saying that mayo can not be a part of your diet! i am just saying that taiboxa was trying to get across to you that you need more essential fatty acids in your diet.

Quote Originally Posted by getbig888
    it has 7grams of omegas( i never knew this)
    for real?!

hell if thats for real im gonna carry a jug of mayo around like a horsey feed bag...

i didnt think that mayo had omegas but that is what justartin said.. i dont think it does

i thought mebe from the soybean oil and 2% egg yolk?!

Coming straight off the nutritional info of "KRAFT, REAL MAYO"
    Product's been around for many years from a very respectable company so I'd be more inclined to beleive them. However, just for the sake of it, I think I will definately add in some natural peanut butter, Possible substituint 1.5 tbsp of the mayo for 1.5 tbsp's of P.B

justarting, you don't have to through out the mayo just add the npb to another meal

Thanks, but overall you think this diet looks pretty solid right, like no obviosu errors, just some small things that could be replaced with things that are a bit better?

dazbo is offline Senior Member
    Just on your PPWO meal. I always thought that having Fast acting carbs is good here so foods like potato,yams,white/brown rice and the such are OK here. Its the 2nd most important meal and is there to refuel the glycogen stores as is the PWO.

Am I right or am I wrong here ??

Thread Information