Thread: oatmeal?

dr.shred is offline Senior Member

oatmeal?

Last year I went to a well known nutritionist in my area. He said that I cannot have oatmeal and I'm not sure why, but to have creme of rice instead with my breakfast. Creme of rice does have a high gi and overall oatmeal is better. Does anyone know if there is any truth to what these nutritionists say? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

-SHRED

They told me the same.

hmm i wonder if there is any truth to it. I mean if started having oatmeal instead of creme of rice with my breakfast would it really make a difference?

diesel21 is offline Member
    well, do you have siliacs disease? (not sure if its spelt right) my friend has it.. he can't have oatmeal, anything with gluten in it and several other things....

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    did the nutritionist say why you shouldn't have it?? If not find a new nutritionist!!

Quote Originally Posted by diesel21
    well, do you have siliacs disease? (not sure if its spelt right) my friend has it.. he can't have oatmeal, anything with gluten in it and several other things....
    I dont think so. He just said it doesn't agree with me. After I eat it I don't feel any different or sick/gassy so I dont know.

diesel21 is offline Member
    i would ask him for the reason

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    id be aski for a real good reson because oats are one of best for complex carbs and they help you body digest read meat

SC what do you think?

1morerep is offline Associate Member
    i would look into taking pro-biotic enzymes like acidophilus & bifidus or something to help with your digestive breakdown. jmo

yes I took those last year. What I am really wondering if they are wrong and having creme of rice vs oatmeal is hurting my gains?

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    Unless there is something is medically wrong with you, i would have the oats! How many bodybuilders to you hear from that even uses cream of rice(i.ve heard of none) But everyone i talk to says to eat oats.

niXon)( is offline Member
    If he can't/didn't give you a reason to eat what he tells you to eat, he's either full of shit, or he doesn't know what he's talking about.

and when you say, "is there any truth to this" what does that meaN? truth to what? you didn't ask a question or give a reason for what he told you to eat. im lost

Quote Originally Posted by niXon)(
    If he can't/didn't give you a reason to eat what he tells you to eat, he's either full of shit, or he doesn't know what he's talking about.

and when you say, "is there any truth to this" what does that meaN? truth to what? you didn't ask a question or give a reason for what he told you to eat. im lost
    bro, read the thread again there know it all. I said is there any truth to what he says about me NOT being able have oatmeal. Not a hard one to figure out.
    Last edited by dr.shred; 05-09-2005 at 07:56 PM.

Thread Information