Thread: carbs at nite

superchump is offline Junior Member

carbs at nite

does it matter if i eat my carbs spread out thru the day or eat 100-150 grams towards bedtime after eating no carbs all protein all day? i sleep like a rock after i eat carbs like this.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    I wouldn't eat any carbs before bed, never mind that much! It wud be best to eat your carbs in the morning and PPWO
    Eating that much carbs b4 bed might easily store as fat.

i know its bad news dude but i get so hungry before bed and restless and when i eat like this it puts me to sleep....if im carb depleting all day wont this carb load be just refilling my muscle-liver glycogen stores?

It may well do but i would feel a bit uncomfortable eating that much carbs before bed. Why not try a slow digesting protein shake, with some flax and a few table spoons of natural peanut butter.... fills me right up!

tried protein powders since they taste as good as cookies but they mess up my sleep. i actually did that last nite and my heart was racing with awful dreams my bunkie said i was throwing little punches in my sleep, haha. i also wake up feeling pumped when i do this carb before bed thing. its just i been doing this lifting, dieting thing for so long now at the end of the day im just like'' fuk it'' and i eat. during the day im active and more vigilant with my diet for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by superchump
    tried protein powders since they taste as good as cookies but they mess up my sleep. i actually did that last nite and my heart was racing with awful dreams my bunkie said i was throwing little punches in my sleep, haha. i also wake up feeling pumped when i do this carb before bed thing. its just i been doing this lifting, dieting thing for so long now at the end of the day im just like'' fuk it'' and i eat. during the day im active and more vigilant with my diet for some reason.
    Your strange!
    What kind of carbs do u eat then b4 bed?!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you are eating carbs before bed and you get very sleepy when you do, you are going to store most of them as FAT.

The tired-ness you feel is your insulin through the roof, and laying down and not using that energy at all with slin levels that high, literally assures fat storage.

Very BAD idea.

~SC~

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    I do something simillar, but that meal is my ppwo so some carbs are allowed

diesel21 is offline Member
    yikes! no carbs b4 bed! unless pwo of course right?

milwood is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel21
    yikes! no carbs b4 bed! unless pwo of course right?
    that's how I see it. Even so, though, I actually crave carbs at night. Recent research points to genetic factors involved in this, and I know some people can definitely relate. I'm trying hard to discipline myself, and use a pro/(good)fat meal or shake instead. It's hard, though, when you are up against cravings triggered in the midbrain (survival brain) telling you you need to eat!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bor
    I do something simillar, but that meal is my ppwo so some carbs are allowed

Of course, when you do an activity that warrants glycogen replinishment and repair (weight training) you NEED to ingest those materials.

I was speaking on the subject of eating to get sleepy and then hitting the sack.

~SC~

wild-one is offline Female Member
    I actually used to cut w/ a beverly type diet which included about 150g carbs in the last meal...but I was seriously depleted from no carbing it for a couple days ...so fat gain wasn't an issue ...But...I think your carbs should be centered around your training and your other meals should be P+F ...and if you constantly find yourself waking up hungry, you might want to reassess your diet...you may not be getting enough total calories, enough fat, been dieting too long or any number of things.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    If you are eating carbs before bed and you get very sleepy when you do, you are going to store most of them as FAT.

The tired-ness you feel is your insulin through the roof, and laying down and not using that energy at all with slin levels that high, literally assures fat storage.

Very BAD idea.

~SC~

you right dude im crazy for sabatoging myself like this. strangly i dont get hungry like this when im using nolvadex , and today i took some proviron and its bedtime here and im not too hungry. i know women have a tendency to eat like this and maybe its estrogen doing it. i notice these cravings come on mostly when i use juice ( i just started using deca ) along with being lazy and just feeling like i dont have control over things and getting aggravated easily. thanks guys

Thread Information