skribbble is offline Member

football diet vs. Cutting diet

I have football training 5 days a week and i had a question about protein intake. Ive been getting 1.5-2g of protein per lb of body mass. So roughly 260-300 grams of protein a day. Ive been told this is way too much. With this diet (pretty much based off the cutting sticky) Ive put on a few lbs of LBM and loss tons of body fat. Im very carb sensitive and recently my trainer (who isnt a dietician) told me i wasnt getting enough carbs. He said i should be getting 1.4-1.7grams of protein per Kilogram of my body weight. So that would put me at about 150grams of protein max. From waht i read on the forums, if i only had 150 grams of protein i would definalty burn a ton of muscle. He said i shuold have 4-1 ratio of carbs to protein through out the day. I weight 190 lbs by the way. Who do you guys think is right? I know if i have 4-1 carb ratio, it will make me hungry for other carbs and ill tend to cheat more then 1-2 times a week. My goals are pretty much to maintain my 190 lbs and cut some excess bodyfat off. Im about 9-10% bf now

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Personally I like the 40/40/20 split the best. I like having the a balance between carbs and protein. Football diet vs. cutting diet the only difference is that you want stay at your maintence level. You do not want to lose any weight. However, you can still drop some bf while doing this, but obviously not as much as you would on a cutting diet.

-SHRED

Yeah i agree with you there. I think im going to stick with the cutting diet just to get where I want to be then adjust the diet accordingly. Im like 9-10% now and i want to get to like 7 or 8%. When i get to 7-8% and want to maintain... How can expect to not gain body fat back with a 40/40/20 split?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by skribbble
    Yeah i agree with you there. I think im going to stick with the cutting diet just to get where I want to be then adjust the diet accordingly. Im like 9-10% now and i want to get to like 7 or 8%. When i get to 7-8% and want to maintain... How can expect to not gain body fat back with a 40/40/20 split?
    eat proper carbs at proper times and appropriate fats and eat often.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    and i like a 50/30/20 approach kuz im fat

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skribbble
    I have been doing that split since I started dieting hard this year and I have been dropping bf every week while still consuming 3300 calories a day.

thanks shred. I'll post what i eat on monday and see if it looks good.

alphaman is offline Member
    You already stated that you got the results you were looking for. Why would you let someone lead you astray at this point? If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Thread Information