Spider is offline New Member

On An Empty Stomach?

This morning I got up and went to my gym to do my morning cardio on an empty stomach (which is what posts on this site say is best for cutting) and when i was through I bumbped into the lead trainer. I told him how I have my diet under control and that I am doing my cardio now first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. He then went on to say that there is no better wa to lose muscle then doing your cardio (or any exercise for that matter) on an empty stomach.

Could someone please inform me of the truth.

skribbble is offline Member
    Im pretty sure if you keep the cardio in like 70% of target heartrate and do under 30 minutes you're not going to be burning muscle.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    under 30min is bleh i would do atleast 40 because lipolysis sets in approx 20min into it

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider
    He then went on to say that there is no better wa to lose muscle then doing your cardio (or any exercise for that matter) on an empty stomach.

I'd love to go into detail again, but it would be the 1000th time I've done so.
    So, I'd encourage a search here to gather a plethora of information on this subject. The lead trainer is a lead idiot if he doesn't realize that cardio performed a certain way, coupled w/precise protocols for eating to support anabolism and stave off catabolism, is a platinum way to lose bodyfat and PRESERVE lean mass, then he's very uneducated.

I'd let him believe what he wants, and keep doing my thing.

You can't please everyone, nor should you aim to try.

~SC~

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Really though, when someone says something that contradicts what is said on here I would really start to wonder if they know what they are talking about. If the guy looks like SC then you can listen to him but I doubt he does. Its not really worth listening to people who don't practice what they preach or their bodies show they know what they are talking about.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    ha he said plethora again..

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I hope that he was a Floor trainer and that you were not PAYING him for his misinformation. He sounds ill-informed and/or ignorant.

This morning I got up and went to my gym to do my morning cardio on an empty stomach (which is what posts on this site say is best for cutting) and when i was through I bumbped into the lead trainer. I told him how I have my diet under control and that I am doing my cardio now first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. He then went on to say that there is no better wa to lose muscle then doing your cardio (or any exercise for that matter) on an empty stomach.

JayP40 is offline Junior Member

this guy is a tard just search this board everyone will tell you cardio in the am on an mt stomach is the best way to lose fat. what does the "lead trainer" at your gym look like?
    Last edited by JayP40; 05-14-2005 at 08:24 PM. Reason: not finished

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I'd love to go into detail again, but it would be the 1000th time I've done so.
    So, I'd encourage a search here to gather a plethora of information on this subject. The lead trainer is a lead idiot if he doesn't realize that cardio performed a certain way, coupled w/precise protocols for eating to support anabolism and stave off catabolism, is a platinum way to lose bodyfat and PRESERVE lean mass, then he's very uneducated.

I'd let him believe what he wants, and keep doing my thing.

You can't please everyone, nor should you aim to try.

~SC~
    no no no you should please every idiot out there...my lead trainer says 65% carbs per day should be eaten...he's a smart man... oh sh!t that's me...hahahah....i think it should be known that every trainer has his or her own opinion....

P.S. The 65% carb thing is not being serious.

Thread Information