Thread: Beer

Habanero is offline Junior Member

Beer

I am an avid beer drinker - not just rot gut like natural light just to get drunk. I actually brew beer and enjoy the wide variety of beers the world has to offer. I am at the beginning of a cutting cycle and know that I cannot enjoy my beer the way I usually do if I want to lose fat. Here is my question? Is it o.k. to sometimes (one of the two weekend days) let loose and throw back a few pops? Or should I just do the safe thing and stick with the one glass of red wine a day? (I actually read an article that having 1-2 glasses of red wine a day can lead to better vascularity).

WildCh1ld is offline Banned
    I have a feeling even that glass of wine a day will screw up your cut cycle but thats just MHO.........I'd like to see what everyone else thinks...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you are serious about cutting/dieting, alcohol consumption is something you want to fore-go.

~SC~

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I'm cutting right now too, and I still have a few drinks on the weekend. I don't compete so its not that big a deal to me. I'm still losing weight and maintaining strength, so I don't think its hurting me. Just don't get out of control. My .02.

Habanero is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    I'm cutting right now too, and I still have a few drinks on the weekend. I don't compete so its not that big a deal to me. I'm still losing weight and maintaining strength, so I don't think its hurting me. Just don't get out of control. My .02.
    Yeah - I have tremendous respect for the guys who compete and have such great self-discipline and will power, but I am not interested in pursuing that. I used to be able to drink like a fish, eat like a wild animal, and still manage to look good if I worked out. Now in my thirties with a couple of kids it just ain't that easy anymore.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Habanero
    I am an avid beer drinker - not just rot gut like natural light just to get drunk. I actually brew beer and enjoy the wide variety of beers the world has to offer. I am at the beginning of a cutting cycle and know that I cannot enjoy my beer the way I usually do if I want to lose fat. Here is my question? Is it o.k. to sometimes (one of the two weekend days) let loose and throw back a few pops? Or should I just do the safe thing and stick with the one glass of red wine a day? (I actually read an article that having 1-2 glasses of red wine a day can lead to better vascularity).
    And how do you look? Are your seriously cut? I have never known anyone who can drinnk beer and look really shreaded.

When they are talking about drinking wine for better vascularity, they are not talkiing about people like us (or at lrast me). They are referring to people with sedintary lifestyles - not athletes.

bigdogc is offline Associate Member
    use beer as your cheat day instead!! thats what i did when i was cutting.. but yeah i could def tell the next day that i looked different. i researched this too since im an avid highschool drunk. on bodybuilding.com there are a lot of really good articles that will steer you away from it, i think theres a 70% decrease in fat burning (lipoysis?) and protein synthesis goes down. Oh yeah and 8 beers = 800 calories. but yeah, that didnt stop me

Thread Information