justin2305 is offline Senior Member

grandma trying to get into shape again help me help her???

aight guys here we go, my grandma used to be in better shape then me lol she was an arobic freak back in the day but she doesnt have enough time to do all that stuff anymore so shes just doing a lil cardio in the mornings b/f work and what not so thats prety much covered, just to get u informed with somewhat her stats, shes 5 8 bout 170lbs and shes 55yrs old, shes trying to loose i think 30lbs or so not only because she wants to but due to the fact that her cholesterol is not doing to great (runs in the family) she was asking me to put her a diet together with low fat and cholesterol and im not to sure on how to plan this out for her?? if anyone can somewhat through me a lil daily meal plan of the sort to help her with these goals that would be awsome, just a simple morning, lunch snack dinner type meal plan and what not would be great thanks to all AR for any help!!

justin

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Plan something as you would for yourself but much smaller portions and obv. total calories a lot lower. Figure out where you want her total cal to be and work of of that.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a similar thing goin on. Im tryin to get my dad in shape. He's 57.
    Basically we have CVD in our family too. I havent gotten his ass in the gym that much yet, but his diet his fairly clean.
    Persoanlly i have him on a low carb, mederate fat, high.protein diet. I limit his fat grams to 10grams per meal. I have him eating lots of veggies to fill his ass up. Moslty lean protein; chicken, eggs, eggwhites, lean beef, salmon,tuna,.
    I try to keep him away from starches except for the ocasional yam, and whole wheat pasta. I alow him a little oatmeal in the morning.

He still slips up sometimes. Like he likes his diet soda's and i try to tell him to knock that off cuz it's still chemicles n shit. He doest like plain water all that much, but i told him he has "spoiled tastebuds".
    He has the most trouble with portion control which is because he sucks at eating when he's supposed to and then he getts ravinous. His discipline is lacking.
    Its really tough try to change 40 year old eating habits. This lifestyle is prolly so hard to adopt at your mid 50's, as apposed to me when i started working out and obsessing over my body at 16. ya know?

Heres what his diet looks like. This is what he ends up eating, usaully., even though, my guidlines i gave him involed smaller meals more frequently,this is what he ends up eating at his current discpline level..

Breakfast: 6 eggs(1 whole)
    Half cup oatmeal
    Lunch: Chicken salad with watered down honey musterd dressing.
    6 oz chicken
    Dinner: which is alway to big
    9 ounces of beef or salmon.
    2 cups of broccoli
    Snack:

7 oz of chicken salad

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    thanks guys for the help!! any other help would be greatly appriciated

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Don't forget resistance training to attenuate sarcopenia.

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypertrophy
    sarcopenia.
    busting out some big words. Thata boy

Thread Information