Thread: Rice, bread

dragon69 is offline Member

Rice, bread

1. I know brown rice is much better, how about basmatti rice? I know it's better than regular white, but I have some at home and I like it so I wanted to see if it's fairly good or not.

Also, I usually try to avoid breads, especially white bread. Sometimes when I'm running behind my wife will make a lunch for me.....sandwiches with white bread and a piece of fruit usually. I do need to eat and all so I take them with me (along with the guilt). I'm trying to cut and it is coming along, but I really wonder how much I'm short circuiting my efforts.

2. So I wanted to know, for cutting is a true whole wheat or cracked wheat bread fine in place of some other carb foods? I do eat oats and I think I'll increase them in my diet and all, but sometimes a good quality bread makes things more managable for my life.

are basmatti rice and whole wheat/heavy grain bread good?

diesel21 is offline Member
    idk bout that rice, but complex carbs are better.. figure out your calories, and what you can take in... you def need carbs, stick to brown rice and if u must, just as i do whole wheat bread.. i mean, are you competeing in a show? then **** it, you can get away w/ whole wheat...

thanks......does anyone know about basmatti rice?

does anyone here use or know nutritionally how good basmatti rice stand s up to brown rice? I know it's better than regular white,, but don't know about brown

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd be avoiding rice and bread if I am cutting, and would only consider using rice at the time of the 2nd post-workout meal.

~SC~

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon69
    does anyone here use or know nutritionally how good basmatti rice stand s up to brown rice? I know it's better than regular white,, but don't know about brown
    Brown rice has a lower GI.

Thread Information