boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member

2 cheating questions

1. On cheat days, is it still necessary to get in the desired amount of protein for the day? I usually eat pizza like 6 times on friday.

2. Is it better to have a cheat day on a workout day or a non-workout day?

Thanks.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    1.I think...the protein issue on a cheat day is relative to your diet outline. If you are carb/protein cycling then when you drop your protein intake on cheat days to 0.75 grams per pound of LBM.

There exists varying opinions on the subject tho. Personally, the point of the cheat day is to boost the metabolism by overfeeding. That being the case...IMO it'd make more sense to keep your protein intake high on cheat days.

2. Thoughts vary on the timing of cheat days too. If you're cutting, your cheat day may be better served to be on a non-workout day...that falls before your first workout day...energywise it'd be more advisable. So if your first training day is Monday..your cheatday should be Sunday.

Again..there is no 'set rule'.

~Narkissos

skribbble is offline Member
    I personally hate cheating on lifting or running days. I cheat every tuesday and saturday and i only have a cheat meal.

aminophiliac is offline Junior Member
    i usually like to cheat the day after a big workout like leg day, or train in the morning and cheat for the rest of that day and put the calories to use for something other than just a calorie spike for your metabolism. i also see no point in worrying if you need the same protien amount. intended or not, you should get more than enough when you cheat like a man.

boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member
    Appreciate the responses.

great question man I was just thinking the same thing today...on my cheat days I probably would eat almost nothing because I'm just not a hungry guy, which is horrible!

spound is offline Anabolic Member

Talking

MMMMMMM, pizza.... I can't wait fo rmy cheat day on sat. I'm goign to Ci Ci's Pizza. I am going to eat them out of business!!

fritz2435 is offline Member
    I usually have my cheat day on my day off so I don't have to worry about the binges affecting my workout...

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i always try to acquire the appropriate amount of protein for the day regardless...

Thread Information