Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    ashes2ashes is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6

    Critique this cutting diet

    Ok so I've been looking over the cutting diet sticky and i fit the criteria of 200lb ~15%BF so I decided to base my own diet off of this...let me know if there's anything i should add/change.

    Meal 1:
    2 Eggs (scrambled with 1/4 cup skim milk), 1/2 cup oatmeal

    Meal 2:
    6oz of tuna, 1 flax oil capsule

    Meal 3:
    Veggies (*what kind of veggies??), 6oz of tuna or 1 chicken breast

    Workout

    Meal 4:
    Protein shake

    Meal 5:
    Veggies (*what kind of veggies??), 2 Chicken breasts, 1/2 cup rice or oatmeal

    Meal 6:
    Protein Shake, 2 Flax oil capsules

    Current stats:
    Weight: 196
    Height: 5'11"
    Waist: 34 (jeans are tight through thighs)
    BF: ~15%

    Goal:
    Weight: 175-180
    Height: same
    Waist: 34 (but jeans fit comfortably)
    BF: ~9-10%

    Thanks
    Last edited by ashes2ashes; 05-20-2005 at 01:05 AM.

  2. #2
    fritz2435's Avatar
    fritz2435 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    right behind ya
    Posts
    809
    Suggestions in Caps and red... Also, you can do some light cardio first thing in the morning if you're not doing so already.

    Quote Originally Posted by ashes2ashes
    Ok so I've been looking over the cutting diet sticky and i fit the criteria of 200lb ~15%BF so I decided to base my own diet off of this...let me know if there's anything i should add/change.

    Meal 1:
    2 Eggs (scrambled with 1/4 cup skim milk), 1/2 cup oatmeal
    NOT NEARLY ENOUGH PROTEIN.. DONT MIX CARBS W/ FATS... A BETTER MEAL WOULD BE 1/2 CUP OATS WITH 10 EGG WHITES.
    Meal 2:
    6oz of tuna, 1 flax oil capsule
    NEED MORE FLAX THAN THAT! 1 CAPSULE IS 1G OF FAT! TRY 1 TBSP LIQUID FLAX OIL (OR OLIVE OIL)
    Meal 3:
    Veggies (*what kind of veggies??), 6oz of tuna or 1 chicken breast
    GREENS.. EX. BROCCOLI, LETTUCE, CAULIFLOWER, ASPARAGUS... ANYTHING BUT CORN, PEAS, AND CARROTS FOR THE MOST PART. ALSO, YOU MAY WANT TO ADD SOME FAT TO THIS MEAL. (1 TBSP FLAX/OLIVE OIL FOR EXAMPLE)
    Workout

    Meal 4:
    Protein shake
    2:1 RATIO OF DEXT:WHEY
    Meal 5:
    Veggies (*what kind of veggies??), 2 Chicken breasts, 1/2 cup rice or oatmeal
    LOOKS GOOD...
    Meal 6:
    Protein Shake, 2 Flax oil capsules
    ONCE AGAIN, GO FOR 1 TBSP FLAX OIL. (14-16G)
    Current stats:
    Weight: 196
    Height: 5'11"
    Waist: 34 (jeans are tight through thighs)
    BF: ~15%

    Goal:
    Weight: 175-180
    Height: same
    Waist: 34 (but jeans fit comfortably)
    BF: ~9-10%

    Thanks

  3. #3
    taiboxa's Avatar
    taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    lol im not telling :D
    Posts
    29,207
    READ STICKIES ALL OF EM k?

  4. #4
    ashes2ashes is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by fritz2435
    Suggestions in Caps and red... Also, you can do some light cardio first thing in the morning if you're not doing so already.
    Alright I think I can handle doing everything except the 10 egg whites...is there anything that can take the place of this mainly because I'm a poor college student and can't really afford to buy a dozen eggs a day just for one meal.

    Also I'm planning on having this diet on weekdays and using the weekends as my cheat days. However, I don't want to overdo the cheat meal days by having them back to back, so are there any good semi-cheat meals that I can have....so I don't completely mess up or am will I be fine with my cheat days back to back?

    Thanks again

  5. #5
    taiboxa's Avatar
    taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    lol im not telling :D
    Posts
    29,207
    Quote Originally Posted by ashes2ashes
    Alright I think I can handle doing everything except the 10 egg whites...is there anything that can take the place of this mainly because I'm a poor college student and can't really afford to buy a dozen eggs a day just for one meal.

    Also I'm planning on having this diet on weekdays and using the weekends as my cheat days. However, I don't want to overdo the cheat meal days by having them back to back, so are there any good semi-cheat meals that I can have....so I don't completely mess up or am will I be fine with my cheat days back to back?

    Thanks again
    a dozen eggs is like a buck ... maybe less... in some places... 89cents here.

  6. #6
    tretch187's Avatar
    tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    a dozen eggs is like a buck ... maybe less... in some places... 89cents here.
    Dude, I am in college too....

    I buy 5 dozen boxes of eggs at the grocery store for $2.69.


    I don't think it really gets cheaper bro.

  7. #7
    fritz2435's Avatar
    fritz2435 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    right behind ya
    Posts
    809
    6 oz canned tuna, 5 oz chicken breast, 2 scoops whey, it doesn't really matter. Just get about 40g of good lean protein.

  8. #8
    HOLLYWOOD's Avatar
    HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,960
    whey shake is a bad idea before bed. even with fat the protein absorbtion is still too fast to last throughout the night, casein shake w/fat or lean pro w/fat are much better choices!


    i like broccoli for veggies by the way...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •