RONINASAUNA is offline Associate Member

How long to drop bodyfat?

I have read posts around the net that the % drop in body fat you are looking for should equal the number of weeks it would take you to attain that goal.

so if trying to go from 20% down to 10% it should take you roughly 10 weeks.

Is this correct? If not, what is a good rough estimate "average" number of weeks following a diet such as the "cutting sticky" diet listed above that it would take a person to drop to their goal body fat level?

I am trying to go from 13% down to 8% body fat and trying to give myself a time frame so I can keep my mind focused on the task at hand, as I have never tried to get down to this level before.

Thanks for any info

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Try it and find out!

smegs is offline Member
    bro theres no real statistic
    i'd say its all about how badly you want it

fritz2435 is offline Member
    A calorie deficit of approx. 500 cals a day below maintenance due to dieting and cardio will cause you to lose about 1 lb a week... Losing any more than 1.5-2 lbs per week is not good, as you are most likely losing muscle as well. You can then calculate how much body fat you can lose in 10 wks based on your body weight (which you have not specified) and percent body fat.

skribbble is offline Member
    1% bodyfat loss per week is resonable then?

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    how do i calculate how many cals i should be taking in??? then just subtract 500 n thats the cal intake to lose bodyfat?

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    hope this stuff helps and makes sense cuz i didnt sleep yest
    - some1 thats trying to go from 20% bf 15% bf will do it alot easier and (ithink)faster than some1 in ur situation so its not a set stndrd
    -if ur diet training supp are in check u can lose i think 1-2lb of fat per week along with a bit muscle and water
    -u have to do the basics: eat rite train rite cheat rite etc...... and results will show calculating how long ull get there wont get u there faster so just do wut u gotta do to get there.....................am i still making sense?????
    good luck

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skribbble
    1% bodyfat loss per week is resonable then?
    It kinda depends on what you weigh i guees...but yea, i woudl say that is reasonable if everything was on track

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i notice w/ my self if i drop a lb or more of fat a week i tend to drop muscle as well ... i have to go real slow w/ it

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    slower is better, but if you want to do it quick it can be done while sacrificing muscle as well.

-SHRED

Thread Information