gatormd13 is offline New Member

Training too strict?

Whats up fella's, i've read the sticky's and a couple of other peoples diets and critiques. My issue is that i think i've hit a plateau. I've been on a strict cutting diet for 2 weeks now, no cheating, no alcohol (college student). I've usually done what i thought was a good diet, eating chicken twice a day w/some shakes, running everyday fast pace (80%<cardio). I finally decided to try the "better" way to do get cut.

I've pretty much had

Meal 1: 50 g protein shake, half fat-free milk/half water with 5g glutamine
    Meal 2: 6 egg whites, 1000 mg vit. V
    Meal 3: 3/4 cup brown rice, chicken breast
    Meal 4: 50 g protein shake or chicken breast
    Meal 5: 2 chicken breasts w/mixed veggies
    Meal 6: (before bed) 1 chicken breast or 50 g shake

Im using ripped juice w/25mg ephedrine twice a day
    I'm running slower at about 65-70%, and only 4 times a week (4-6 miles each time).

I've seen great results, but that last bit of subcutaneous fat is just lingering on my lower abdominal region and hasn't moved for a week. I'm 5'7 167lbs right now..and my goal is for this upcoming friday a week from today, (Goal is pretty much be ripped).

I dont know if i need to cheat one day to get my body out of wack and hit it hard again for this next week, I was going to throw in my flaxseed oil in there, but my mentality is away from fat so i havn't touched it. I could also cut something out to reduce the my caloric intake, but i dont know if that would be good. Im on my last week strech.. help!

alphaman is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatormd13

Meal 1: 10 egg whites, 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats1000 mg vit. V
    Meal 2: pro/fat
    Meal 3: pro/fat/lots of fiberous veggies
    Meal 4: PWO-2:1 dex/whey isolate
    Meal 5: 2 chicken breasts 1 cup brown rice w/mixed veggies
    Meal 6: (before bed)tuna/flax or 50 g shake/flax (if the shake's casien)

Ihelp!
    That should help.

And don't run! Walk on an incline for 1 hr (60-70%MHR)6-7 days a week first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and ECA. Drink a gallon of water/ day too!

What happens in a week?

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    That should help.
    Yea that looks good to me...and yes, walk on an inlcline....don't run

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Whats up fella's, i've read the sticky's and a couple of other peoples diets and critiques. My issue is that i think i've hit a plateau. I've been on a strict cutting diet for 2 weeks now, no cheating, no alcohol (college student). I've usually done what i thought was a good diet, eating chicken twice a day w/some shakes, running everyday fast pace (80%<cardio). I finally decided to try the "better" way to do get cut.

I've pretty much had

Meal 1: 50 g protein shake, half fat-free milk/half water with 5g glutamine
    Meal 2: 6 egg whites, 1000 mg vit. V
    Meal 3: 3/4 cup brown rice, chicken breast
    Meal 4: 50 g protein shake or chicken breast
    Meal 5: 2 chicken breasts w/mixed veggies
    Meal 6: (before bed) 1 chicken breast or 50 g shake

Im using ripped juice w/25mg ephedrine twice a day
    I'm running slower at about 65-70%, and only 4 times a week (4-6 miles each time).

I've seen great results, but that last bit of subcutaneous fat is just lingering on my lower abdominal region and hasn't moved for a week. I'm 5'7 167lbs right now..and my goal is for this upcoming friday a week from today, (Goal is pretty much be ripped).

I dont know if i need to cheat one day to get my body out of wack and hit it hard again for this next week, I was going to throw in my flaxseed oil in there, but my mentality is away from fat so i havn't touched it. I could also cut something out to reduce the my caloric intake, but i dont know if that would be good. Im on my last week strech.. help!
    Bro, if you wanna look shredded even more for your event, you might wanna look into swoles article here about sodium manipulation pre-contest:

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....icle=266seven2

Good luck

thanks for the the help..whats the advantage of walking on the incline rather than just jogging at a pace to keep my heartrate the same? wouldnt my legs be getting a workout with that (im assuming a pretty nice 30-45 degree incline)...also as for the fats...what can i throw in there?

other than that looks awesome

Quote Originally Posted by ReX357
    Bro, if you wanna look shredded even more for your event, you might wanna look into swoles article here about sodium manipulation pre-contest:

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....icle=266seven2

Good luck
    That's why I was asking what was happening in a week. Because if you want to peak a certain day.......^^^

Fats- Salmon, flax oil, natural peanut butter, and if you do a search for oils in this forum, you'll find tons of info on different blends that are beneficial(more so than just flax alone).

sounds good...im assuming to tuna is to be eaten plain? Another question is whether two cardio sessions a day is too much...like morning/evening..or is this just being obsessive? lol sorry

sounds good...im assuming to tuna is to be eaten plain? Another question is whether two cardio sessions a day is too much...like morning/evening..or is this just being obsessive? lol sorry
    Well, depends. I know some would say no, because you will probably sacrifice a little muscle, and make it hard to lift(time and intensity). This would also depend on what your "event" is. IMO, crunch time is crunch time, and you gotta do what you gotta do. If it's only for a week, I'd consider it. But in your case the extra diet tweak may do the trick. Check out the link on Swole's contest prep too.

skribbble is offline Member
    Yeah bro you definatly need Fats to burn fat... Add some fats into your diet and you might see some gains. Ive tried cutting without flax and cutting with. I cant get nearly as ripped without fats. But as soon as i add the flax fat seems to go away quickly

Thread Information