Wtoad is offline New Member

Diet Rite... not the pop i just need help

Ok I was just informed by a member in another forum that i needed all the help i can get from some guys over in this forum. I got the money to buy all the food i need, its just what should I buy, i'm about as creative as a rock right now, i just have an *** load of eggs and thats about it. I want to eat at around 6 in the morning lift at 6:30 protein shake and then go to work. My problem is we have to pack lunches at work Any ideas on easy stuff i can throw in a lunch pale? So really i just need somebody to help me set up a diet/meal plan so please help because I'm having a hell of a problem fitting things in during work I want to get all the healthiest meals that I can in and I just need some help setting it up.... much obliged --D
    Something like
    Meal 1 -
    Meal 2 -
    etc..... thanks.

Oh, and I have all the utensils i need, Microwave, Stove/oven, and the foreman

alphaman is offline Member
    If you look at the stickies at the top of the main page in the diet forum, you can get a lot of your questions answered. Then, plan you're diet and post it in this thread and someone will help you tune it up. Good luck!

BTW, Diet Rite is now made with Splenda!

Ok critique at will it's a gaurantee this will need it. I am trying to plan this around work so here it goes.

6:00 am - Meal 1- 1 Cup oatmeal, 2 eggs, (maybe 1 Sausage pattie)
    6:30 am - Work-out
    7:30 am - PWO Protein shake
    12:00pm - Meal 2- 2 ham sandwiches, banana, (any other ideas? i have 2 pack a lunch for work)
    2:00 pm - Protein shake
    5:00 pm - Steaks, hamburgers, hot-dogs, potatoes just kind of mix and match for supper maybe some green beans
    8:00 pm - Protein shake
    10:00pm - sleep and startover the next day

alright please help!

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Wtoad
    Ok critique at will it's a gaurantee this will need it. I am trying to plan this around work so here it goes.

12:00pm - Meal 2- 2 ham sandwiches, banana, (any other ideas? i have 2 pack a lunch for work)
    5:00 pm - Steaks, hamburgers, hot-dogs, potatoes just kind of mix and match for supper maybe some green beans

alright please help!
    wow any effort to even read the stickies? =/

alright please help!

Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    wow complete summary in one lil icon

Well I thought I did pretty good obviously i didn't, Im new to the healthy eating world and that was what I came up with. I looked at the bulking diet thing i'm guessing that is what a sticky is?? So i'm kind of confused on why you guys say it looks like such ****.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I was laughing out loud in my house!!!

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    OK bro I'll try to help you out. First go to this website and create yourself an account:

www.fitday.com

This is a place where you can note everything you eat and count your calories, protein, carbs and fat intake for the day.

Sources of lean protein are: Eggs, Steaks (Lean Cuts), Chicken Breasts, Tuna, Lean or Extra Lean Ground Beef, Cottage Cheese (Good before bed), Fish, etc. Those are usually your main source of solid food for your protein needs.

Sources of carbohydrates are: Brown rice, Veggies, Whole Wheat Bread, Oats (Plain, not the flavored kind because they contain too much sugar) etc. There's more but these usually do the trick in a diet

Sources of good fats are: Flax seed oil, Natural Peanut Butter, Nuts, Fish, etc.

So taking that into consideration, we could change a couple of things here and there (changes are in bold):

6:00 am - 1 Cup oatmeal, 8 egg whites
    7:30 am - PWO Protein shake (2 scoops whey) with Dextrose (80g)
    12:00pm - One 8oz (250g) chicken breast with 2 cups brown rice
    2:00 pm - 2 can of tuna with one tbsp full fat mayo OR protein shake with 1 tbsp flax seed oil
    5:00 pm - Top sirloin steak or another chicken breast or lean ground beef with veggies
    8:00 pm - Protein shake with flax seed oil OR cottage cheese (great source of casein protein which is slow digesting for the night)

This is obviously not the best but it is a start. As you can see, you have meals where you have protein and fats, and other meals where you have protein and carbs. It is really important to keep fats and carbs separated.

Now this was just a primer, I don't know your stats so the portions may differ.

Read the stickies again and you will have formulas in each stickies to calculate your daily caloric requirement.

Fix the diet to meet your requirements and post it back again.

Good luck bro!
    (And don't worry, people are a bit harsh here but it's just that the same questions get asked over and over again and newbies usually want everything made for them. You gotta research what you're gonna do)
    Last edited by ReX357; 05-22-2005 at 06:35 PM.

All right I'm working slow on this diet here i've started my job so i've kind of got it figured out wen i can eat. I have changed my lifting time to about 6-7pm. I figured out my caloric intake from that formula in the bulking stickie and my lucky number is 3067 calories a day. I'm 5'9 155. What is this dextrose stuff and where can i get it it seems very important??

And do I have to have dextrose because i love cottage cheese, and another question i had was why can i not eat the egg yolk? I also got an account on that health/diet website that you told me to become a part of, and i am waiting for my diet to get straigtened out before I start logging what i eat.

And do I have to have dextrose because i love cottage cheese, and another question i had was why can i not eat the egg yolk? I also got an account on that health/diet website that you told me to become a part of, and i am waiting for my diet to get straigtened out before I start logging what i eat.
    how the hell does dextrose correlate to Cottage cheese?!
    yolks have lotsa fats and cholest.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    wuts diet-rite?

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMethodX
    wuts diet-rite?
    its someones screen name... i believe...

Thread Information