Smallnaturalbuilder is offline Associate Member

Couple of questions

Ok....I just calculated my heart rate, and it is 140. So what do I do with this number?? Please, excuse my ignorance....I guess I'm here to learn. If my heart rate is 140...how will I be able to know if I'm crossing it while doing cardio??

Question #2

Ok...I'm doing a low carb-high protein diet....I'm following the Cutting Sticky as far as I can...indeed....I am following it exactly now. Will I be able to gain some muscle while I'm on this diet, or just preserve what I had??

Sorry for bothering. Your answer will be very apreciated.

alphaman is offline Member
    Your heart rate is 140 right now? What are you jogging on the treadmill as we speak?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallnaturalbuilder
    Ok....I just calculated my heart rate, and it is 140. So what do I do with this number?? Please, excuse my ignorance....I guess I'm here to learn. If my heart rate is 140...how will I be able to know if I'm crossing it while doing cardio??

Question #2

Ok...I'm doing a low carb-high protein diet....I'm following the Cutting Sticky as far as I can...indeed....I am following it exactly now. Will I be able to gain some muscle while I'm on this diet, or just preserve what I had??

Sorry for bothering. Your answer will be very apreciated.
    you will only gain muscle if youra newb that has no base and your body will respond as if its in some sort of muscular deficite and will grow a lil due to the shock on system from lifting + high protein
    otherwise no you prolly drop muscle and fat thus i wouldnt cut unless you have a great muscular foundation JMO i mean what do i know

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    you will only gain muscle if youra newb that has no base and your body will respond as if its in some sort of muscular deficite and will grow a lil due to the shock on system from lifting + high protein
    otherwise no you prolly drop muscle and fat thus i wouldnt cut unless you have a great muscular foundation JMO i mean what do i know
    Well.....compared to many guys here, I could be a newbie. I've been lifting for about 2 and a half years. From that time, you can discount about 5 months I've been off. The longest period of time I've been consistent on the gym without quitting is one full year. Take into account that I don't plan bodybuilding to be my life. I have many things to do....so I guess I don't have the commitment of other guys here.

I'm not looking for a shortcut, and that's why I'm planning this diet. I'm interested in roids, but want to perfect my diet first. However, I have too many questions and people get pissed off here.

The only question I want to do now then.....If I'm indeed a newbie....SHOULD I STOP DOING THIS DIET?? I don't wanna waste my time, money and "tongue" on something as strict as this to see no results. Please, answer.

bigdogc is offline Associate Member
    first establish your goals. do you want to gain weight or loose weight? second identify what you need to achieve your goal. if you are looking to gain weight you are going to bulk. if you are looking to cut, you are going to be following the cutting diet, religiously. PM me with any questions ill try to help you as i was in the same boat as you about 5 months ago

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    yep need a good base before you use AAS
    as SC would say you cant build a big house on a weak foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogc
    first establish your goals. do you want to gain weight or loose weight? second identify what you need to achieve your goal. if you are looking to gain weight you are going to bulk. if you are looking to cut, you are going to be following the cutting diet, religiously. PM me with any questions ill try to help you as i was in the same boat as you about 5 months ago
    Thanx for the reply bro, I highly appreciate it. Ok...let me tell you a little bit about me. I started lifting at a weight of 133 pounds, when I was 17 years old. When I started, I bought Nitro-Tech and by then I ate everything in sight. I ate horrible fast foods mixed with semi-good foods. Of course, I had no clue about dieting back then. In a period of 6 months, I gained around 15 pounds naturally. My body composition changed a lot. After those first 15 pounds, my experience was very inconsistent in gaining weight. I would gain 3 or 4 pounds, just to lose them again, and vice versa.

When I reached 150 pounds, I did a cycle of 1-AD. I gained 12 pounds on it. I was weighing 162 pounds after the 1-Ad use, but dropped back to 158. I then resorted to eat better and followed instructions in some magazines about dieting. I went on a period of about 3 months eating A LOT, but not necessarily the best foods, and of course, a far cry from the "bulking" diet offered here. However, I managed to reach the 170 mark naturally...only to lose weight again after bein inactive in the gym and decrease my eating habits.

Right now, I weigh 167 pounds with a body fat % of 13.5
    The reason why I'm doing the "Cutting" diet is because I store too much fat in my abdominal area and looked bad in my mid section. I wanted to be as lean as possible for summer, even though I know I will look thinner. I don't care about looking thinner now, because I'm planning to do a bulking cycle in September. I just want to at least look LEAN.

But this diet is killing me and I don't see exceptional results after 2 weeks....my gut has diminished but I wonder how long will it take for me to look just decently cut.

Thread Information