skyline04 is offline Associate Member

Cooking in bulk to eat in bulk...

A few questions for you bro's..

I figured I would make around 8 cans (or more) of tuna + mayo + hotsauce for the entire week (for mid afternoon snack). Will this stay good for the week as long as I keep it refridgerated? I'll probably do the same with chicken, just boil like 6 or 7 chicken breasts for lunches during the week...

I am also trying to bulk, not necessarily clean bulk either. I have a lot of room with what I can eat - I owe that to my metabolism. So, a few questions - what is pretty high in calories that isn't too high in fat? Basically my day will consist of eggs, oats, protein shakes, chicken (or some other meat), tuna, and rice. With the diet I have now I'm only looking at about 4000 cals. I need to get up to around 5000 daily, and 6000 or 7000 some days due to basketball games. Any ideas?

speak is offline Associate Member
    With the tuna since it isn't too hard to open a can and mix in the mayo, I would just do it daily.
    The chicken - 6 to 8 breasts lasts me about two days so that should be fine. I have never had food poisoning so I will eat chicken that I had cooked sometimes as much as 5 days ago(if properly refrigerated.)

skyline04 is offline Associate Member
    Oh, I also was curious about pre-packaged Ham & Turkey compared to what you get at the deli. I'm pretty sure the pre-packaged stuff has a lot more sodium, is that correct?

Thread Information