jdspinna is offline Associate Member

How many calories do I need now?

I need to get some estimates of where I should start with calorie count for my diet. My goal is to gain size and strength while doing about 7 hours a week of some aerobic work. My lift increases have slowed down and I'm sure it's my lack of caloric intake that is causing it. I'm only getting around 2500 to 3000 cals a day at the most right now.

Here are my stats and workout schedule:
    25 y/o
    205-210lbs
    12-16% bf

Bench 325 and
    Deadlift 425
    Squat 495

On Mon, Wed and Fri I lift for 1 to 1 1/2 hours with a westside style workout then do 10 to 15 minutes for cardio.

Three days out of the week I also go to Aikido (martial art) for about two hours. It's not super intense cardio and varies from class to class.

I'm an IT manager so I don't do anything physical at work.

Before winter I weighed 190lbs and ate 3600 calories a day for a month or two and bulked up to 219lbs. I put on a little too much fat but, I also was not doing any cardio and was performing 3 full body workouts a week.

Thanks for the help.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdspinna
    I need to get some estimates of where I should start with calorie count for my diet. My goal is to gain size and strength while doing about 7 hours a week of some aerobic work. My lift increases have slowed down and I'm sure it's my lack of caloric intake that is causing it. I'm only getting around 2500 to 3000 cals a day at the most right now.

Here are my stats and workout schedule:
    25 y/o
    205-210lbs
    12-16% bf

Bench 325 and
    Deadlift 425
    Squat 495

On Mon, Wed and Fri I lift for 1 to 1 1/2 hours with a westside style workout then do 10 to 15 minutes for cardio.

Three days out of the week I also go to Aikido (martial art) for about two hours. It's not super intense cardio and varies from class to class.

I'm an IT manager so I don't do anything physical at work.

Before winter I weighed 190lbs and ate 3600 calories a day for a month or two and bulked up to 219lbs. I put on a little too much fat but, I also was not doing any cardio and was performing 3 full body workouts a week.

Thanks for the help.

tyake your LEAN body mass multiply it by 13.25 and if you're not putting on weight then up it by 100cals/week, if you're putting on fat, or too much for your liking then lower it by 100cals/week. also take weekly pics to compare. also if you're feeding your body garbage expect garbage gains.

that formula is just a starting block, the rest is up to you to find the right amount, so you gain, but keep fat gain to a minimum.

jdspinna is offline Associate Member
    Thanks. I somehow skipped over the bulking diet sticky. I used the formula their and came up with 3332 calories a day so, I'll start their and see where it takes me.

Thread Information