BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member

more carbs for bulk?

WTF I just read an article written by Dorian Yates and he was talking about his carb/protien intake...he says that while bulking he usually consumed a lot more clean carbs then he did protien, I cant remember the exact # of carbs but he said around 200gms of protien per day, He has got to be misleading people on purpose here because I dont see how as big as he was, only getting 200gms of protien ed, anyone agree w/ this? It reminds me of a Weider principle or something, I swear I read an article in Flex once that said vic martinez only consumed around 200gms ed also???

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Maybe they don't count the protein shakes?

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    That definitley sounds like somn ecrap... that doesn't even seem to meet the mnimum he used to boast of 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight...
    hmmmm...

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    well the body can only absorb so much protein so they make up the xtra cals in carbs but still doesnt bide by the proper macros... but w/ the krap they take there are exceptions.

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    That is what peaked my intrest, the amount of protien that can be absorbed, I am sure that number rises while on cycle.

Suareezay2 is offline New Member
    200 may be lowballin it, but yea most people bulk with more carbs than protein, usually a 50/30 ratio of carbs to pro.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Suareezay2
    200 may be lowballin it, but yea most people bulk with more carbs than protein, usually a 50/30 ratio of carbs to pro.
    maybe not as high but yeah alot of peeps usually take in 10% more carbs than pro when bulking i hate it makes me soft i like a 40/40/20 for bulk and 50/30/20 when cut.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    there's been studies that prove your body is really only able to absorb 1g/lbs of body weight, actualy i think it was 1g/lean body weight, so if this is true then he' probably has a point, your muscle can store a huge amount of glycogen, which makes them look bigger, makes em stronger so why ingest so much of something if you're actually not using it for it's primary purpose, why not fill the void with a macro nutrient your body will utilize. Thats my reasoning...

Thread Information