dragon69 is offline Member

Does sucralose stimulate an insulin response?

Does anyone know if sucralose stimulates an insulin response? I know it's supposed to be almost 0 calories and such but it would be interesting and important to our diets if it did elicit an insulin response.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    yes in large amounts i had a friend who researched it and due to the maltodextrose in it (i believe) it can have an affect on insulin dependent on amount consumed and the individual
    but 1-2 packets shouldnt do squat when consumed w/ any moderate amount of protein to negate the increase in blood sugar.

511220 is offline Associate Member
    Like Tai said because of the binder of maltodex in large amounts. It would take nearly two cups of splenda to get any kind of insulin response.

Other artificial sweetner company compaigns claim Splenda (sucralose) it not suitable for diabetics because of this. But the amounts they put up in test's are never disclosed to the lament.

They are extremely high,

actually i believe in her tests she acquired an insulin response (this is from sucralose ALONE-NO PROTEIN) in 4-5 packets.
    make what you will with it... just seems if you have pro w/ it the insulin response will be negligable

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    Bit of fat like flax oil too seems to help, but that just doesnt mix with sweetners LOL

yeah flax is good for helping regulate some inuslin response but is not ideal to the fact it is a FAT and can be easily stored if the insulin spike is strong enough... better to go w/ pro
    i always add 1 packet to my eggwhite/whey/flax shake.

Thread Information