Thread: diet help

FlexEm13 is offline Junior Member

diet help

hey guys i know when ur on a cycle (or even not ) ur supposed to eat and eat and eat complex carbs

i eat oatmeal for breakfast, a yam for dinner and protein pasta which obviously has carbs in it for lunch....i eat 6 meals a day actually 2 1/2-3 hours apart. everything u eat has carbs in it though. veges have carbs.. i eat an apple every day i know that has carbs...the protein bars i eat have carbs....

however i just read on muscletech.com that when bodybuilders prepare for contests, they cut all carbs out. i dont get it, wat do they eat all day to stay that big and do they really not eat any carbs?? but i thought there were good carbs like yams and oatmeal which actually help u grow ??

so can someone explain to me if u dont mind wat is the deal with carbs.. i am on a cycle but that doesnt have anything to do with my question...i am trying to get lean, i am only 175 lbs but i am not defined or toned at all so i am trying to drop some body fat. i would also like to increase my strength at the same time. before i start juicing i cut out all carbs (no oatmeal, no yams, no apples..) but since i started my cycle 2 weeks ago i have picked them up again becuase i read what u guys tell me.

i dont know im confused i just wanna look good and i understand there are good carbs but why is the no carb diet so effective ?!

that avatar is me so u can see how undefined and flabby my stomach is
    Last edited by FlexEm13; 05-25-2005 at 10:26 PM.

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlexEm13
    hey guys i know when ur on a cycle (or even not ) ur supposed to eat and eat and eat complex carbs

i eat oatmeal for breakfast, a yam for dinner and protein pasta which obviously has carbs in it for lunch....i eat 6 meals a day actually 2 1/2-3 hours apart. everything u eat has carbs in it though. veges have carbs.. i eat an apple every day i know that has carbs...the protein bars i eat have carbs....

however i just read on muscletech.com that when bodybuilders prepare for contests, they cut all carbs out. i dont get it, wat do they eat all day to stay that big and do they really not eat any carbs?? but i thought there were good carbs like yams and oatmeal which actually help u grow ??

so can someone explain to me if u dont mind wat is the deal with carbs.. i am on a cycle but that doesnt have anything to do with my question...i am trying to get lean, i am only 175 lbs but i am not defined or toned at all so i am trying to drop some body fat. i would also like to increase my strength at the same time. before i start juicing i cut out all carbs (no oatmeal, no yams, no apples..) but since i started my cycle 2 weeks ago i have picked them up again becuase i read what u guys tell me.

i dont know im confused i just wanna look good and i understand there are good carbs but why is the no carb diet so effective ?!

that avatar is me so u can see how undefined and flabby my stomach is
    what does your cycle look like? how old are you. bro, there is a big difference between bulking, cutting, and contest prep. cutting out all carbs would be more along the lines of contest prep. i personally don't think you should be cycling. hit up the diet forums, read the cutting threads, and form a diet with proper cardio. fat should come off then.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'll move this to the DIET FORUM.

~SC~

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    STICKYs AHOY!!!!!

(means read stickies)

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Is that you in your avatar?

Not to flame, but if it is you'd be better off with a cutter then a bulker...JMO

Quote Originally Posted by bor
    Is that you in your avatar?

Not to flame, but if it is you'd be better off with a cutter then a bulker...JMO
    lol BUT.... if he bulks now he can put on muscle which will speed up metabolism and make it easier to cut in the future

FlexEm13 is offline Junior Member
    i didnt say anythign about bulker or cutter i just asked some questions abotu carbs

Quote Originally Posted by FlexEm13
    i didnt say anythign about bulker or cutter i just asked some questions abotu carbs
    PLEASE just read ALL THE STICKIES UP TOP .. TWICE

Thread Information