FlexEm13 is offline Junior Member

please critique my diet PLEASE

ok here are my stats : 5'9..172lbs..20 years old..body fat is somewhere around 15% i believe but im not certain. i am currently on a cycle on 50mgs eod of winny and 300mg once aweek of decagen. I am trying to drop my body fat and build up a nice physique of lean hard muscle. please help as much as you can:
    okay i wake up and before I do my cardio I have a bottle of water with 5grams of glutamine mixed in. I do my cardio which is around 45 minutes on the eliptical and the tredmil. today i tried to stay at a target heart rate of 140bmp but i dont see how you guys do that. It got me so frustrated trying to check my pulse while jogging, i could not do it so i went to the gym where they have tredmills with sensors. Even there it was very difficult to find out what speed and incline will get me to my target heart rate. What about when you guys do your cardio outside? (Any tips on doing this without getting frustrasted would be nice)
    anyway heres my food intake:

m1 (around 930am): 30 minutes after my cardio i eat 8 egg whites (40 grams of protein) and 1 whole egg. (is it okay if i add veggies to that - peppers, onions, brocoli??)
    1 cup of Quakers Oatmeal (reg. flavor) I add a teaspoon of cinnamon.
    1 banana.
    with breakfast i take my morning supps : GNC MEGA MEN/Milk thistle/Cod liver oil.

m2 (around 1130am): i have an Isopure protein shake which is 50 grams of protein 0 carbs and 0 sugars
    i add 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil into that.

m3 (around 145pm): romaine lettuce or spring mix with about 8 ounces of grilled chicken (either 2 cutlets of grilled chicken or i usually buy the TYSON chicken strips so ill measure 8 ounces of that) - OR - instead of the chicken, 1 can of tuna - OR - 1 nitrotech protein bar (290 calories, 7 grams fat, 4.5 sat. fat, 34 grams carbs, 4 grams sugar, 35 grams of protein)
    1 apple
    6 caps of Nutrex Vitrix Tribulus ( 1000 mg of trib, 20% protodioscin 80% saponins) and 5 grams of glutamine

-workout @ 2-230pm (intense workout heavy lifting) -
    Monday: chest Tuesday: back Wed: shoulders Thurs: Legs Fri: arms
    Sat: just cardio sun: off
    monday/wednesday/fri : abs
    tuesday/thursday/satursday: obliques (twists or side extensions)
    stretch - 10 minute warmup on tredmil (walk fast) - workout - either abs or obliques - 20 minute cooldown on tredmil or interval cardio for 25-30 minutes (keep in mind that i already did cardio monday-friday in the am)
    i ususally spend 2 hrs in the gym

m4: PWO nutrition around 430 pm (within 15 min of workout)
    ( i need alot of help with this, i usually drink a protein shake but the isopure i have doesnt have carbs in it which is essential for pwo right? maybe i buy a protein shake from the juice bar or from the vitamin shoppe next door...what should i be looking for as far as protein carbs and fat goes and maybe some examples of what to eat/drink right after workout. THANX)

m5 (530-6 pm): this is when i eat dinner with the family so i usually eat a variety of different things every day. here are some of the things i eat.
    8 ounces of steak -or- 8 ounces of broiled or grilled salmon or some other fish maybe tilapia or flounder -or- 2 pieces of grilled chicken -or- my dad likes to grill some breasts and legs of chicken on the bbq ( how much of this is recommened? ) i always go overboard on dinner and eat alot. i end up having like 2 or 3 legs and a breast of chicken or 1 1/2 - 2 pieces of steak (usually filet mignon)
    all this is always with veggies and a yam or brown rice. how much veggies is good..1 cup? i usually have alot like 1/3 of the plate. how about the yam and rice, is that okay? i know its a good carb because its low glycemic level but is it okay at 6pm? should i move it up to m3?
    most of the time, if i did not eat a salad for m3 i will have one with dinner. salad is usally a head of romaine lettuce and 2 or 3 slices of tomato. I put olive oil on it, should i measure the amt i put on? if so, how much?

m6 (around 830 pm): isopure protein shake with 1 tablespoon of flaxseed.

most of the time before i go to bed i have a very small salad with a can of tuna. not a good idea right? I just want something to keep my muscles going while i am sleeping. if the protein shake was my last meal at 830 and i dont go to bed lets just say till midnight, will that hold me till morning and remember i dont eat as soon as i wake up i do 45 mintues of cardio first and wait 30 minutes after that till i have meal 1.
    i was always told u should have a protein shake upon waking up, but ive been reading the posts on this board about morning cardio on an empty stomach. will the glutamine hold me off so i dont go into starvation mode and burn muscle??

also i think everyone can admit it is very hard to eat the same things every day. This diet will probably switch up a little but i will follow the outline of it and i will wait until i hear enough responses on some critiques and remarks. Also, i bought Sly stallone's high protein pudding. It is 100 calories, 2 grams of fat, 420 mg of sodium, 1 gram of carbs 0 sugars and 20 grams of protein - where can i add this in to my day? how about green tea, i want to start getting into drinking 1 cup a day, where can i add this in? for meal 3 i sed a sald with tuna or chicken. sometimes i will substitute and have the chicken with some veggies, maybe some london broil with veges, this is okay right?
    and if i dont eat the nitrotech protein bar for meal 3 which i probably wont because i will be soo hungry, where can i add that into my day?

any help or critiques would be appreciated. thank you. i also drink ATLEAST a gallon of water a day
    Last edited by FlexEm13; 05-26-2005 at 10:33 AM.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    FIRST OFF YOUR CYCLE! wtf no test winny eod and deca ? to get lean? im sorry but you didnt research ANYTHING did you

anyways Jogging is stupid walk on incline or use elip or bike.
    i walk at 5.5 grade @ aboug 3.9 speed and im at 129 all the way through.
    Your diet is very sub par... a BANANA?! read stickies k? plus your mixing carbs and fats not too ideal for getting LEAN. REALLY READ THE STICKIES ALL OF THEM TWICE!

i couldnt read past breakfast due to the fact of your weight/bf% which make it hard for me to believe you have an adaquate base built up to retain the gains you will acquire from AAS.

wat do u mean im mixing carbs and fats.. there snothing ont here that mixes both

i have pro/carb pro/fat pro/fat pro/carb (PWO) pro/carb (PPWO) pro/fat

do u mean like eating chicken and a yam and then having a salad with olive oil on it??? please explain
    and im guessing based on ur banana outburst that fruits are no good because of the fructose level?

Quote Originally Posted by FlexEm13
    wat do u mean im mixing carbs and fats.. there snothing ont here that mixes both

i have pro/carb pro/fat pro/fat pro/carb (PWO) pro/carb (PPWO) pro/fat

do u mean like eating chicken and a yam and then having a salad with olive oil on it??? please explain
    and im guessing based on ur banana outburst that fruits are no good because of the fructose level?
    breakfast has an egg oats and a banana

so how is breakfast mixing carbs and fats

protein is the eggs oats is the carbs and i didnt know banana was a fat? dman bananas are good that sucks lol

i have to go buy some dextrose, i went to gnc and vitaminns hoppe and the idiot there told me that they dont sell dextrose in powder form becuz its a sugar so he sed he foods. but iw ant pure dextrose. where did u guys buy ur powder ? anything i can use to substitutde till i buy this??

no.. egg yolks are fats, bananas are bad carbs and any sugar will be fine till you get dextrose in.

egg yolks are fats?!
    i eat 8 egg whites ... here are the stars: 1/3 of a cup which is one egg is 25 calories and 5 grams of protein everything else has a big fat 0 on it

thats 200 calories and 40 grams of protein for the egg whites
    then the oatmeal is a hundred and something calories very little protein and about 15-20 grams of carbs im not sure im not next to a box

egg yolks are fats?!
    i eat 8 egg whites ... here are the stars: 1/3 of a cup which is one egg is 25 calories and 5 grams of protein everything else has a big fat 0 on it

then the oatmeal is a hundred and something calories very little protein and about 15-20 grams of carbs im not sure im not next to a box
    heh i know the stats on the foods mate.. im just saying you really lack in the research department and really need to start reading ...
    if you havent done so read stickies.. once again.. as well as other peoples posts... and your cycle needs help too

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    egg yolks are fats?!

Re-read that and decide what you are trying to say. Your first sentence talks about YOLKS....then you say you eat egg WHITES (no yolks).

Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by tretch187
    Re-read that and decide what you are trying to say. Your first sentence talks about YOLKS....then you say you eat egg WHITES (no yolks).

Which is it?
    he yolks..

no i dont eart yolks..i eat 8 egg whites!

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    anyways Jogging is stupid walk on incline or use elip or bike.
    i walk at 5.5 grade @ aboug 3.9 speed and im at 129 all the way through.
    Your diet is very sub par... a BANANA?! read stickies k? plus your mixing carbs and fats not too ideal for getting LEAN. REALLY READ THE STICKIES ALL OF THEM TWICE!
    You got me thinkin here Tai. My morning cardio I think is off....it seems more tiring that it should be. I aim for the same type of cardio 65-75 MHR, but when I do it I am like 11.0 grade and 3.7 speed.

I have a heart rate monitor, but something has to be up. I am going to try tomorrow to see if I can get 129 around that level. I am guessing you are in slightly better shape than me which makes me very confused since I am doing more incline to get the right HR.

I need to mess with it. Hopefully, I can get the same HR, it will make it easier on my legs lol

Jake

long strides on the dam thing i act like im doing partial lunges makes it more fun...
    ECA helps keep HR up high

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    i always go overboard on dinner and eat alot. i end up having like 2 or 3 legs and a breast of chicken or 1 1/2 - 2 pieces of steak (usually filet mignon)
    all this is always with veggies and a yam or brown rice.
    Another fat/carb example along with the yolk thing in meal 1. "Usually" filet mignon means that you are eating steak (red meat cut that has a lot of fat, hence it's tenderness) with carbs.

Not only research as was suggested, but perhaps go back and read your own offering as well, as you seem to have forgotten what you typed.

As far as the AAS are concerned, I don't advise on that, but I can tell you that you are WAAAAAAAAAAAY off base.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    long strides on the dam thing i act like im doing partial lunges makes it more fun...
    ECA helps keep HR up high

Can I just do a CA stack? lol

Not too big on the E part....plus I don't have any right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tretch187
    Can I just do a CA stack? lol

Not too big on the E part....plus I don't have any right now.
    lol uhh yeah sure ...

okay so if i wanted to eat steak, dont have a yam or brown rice with that? just the 8 ounces of steak and some veggies right?

and yams and brown rice are good for ppwo right?

can i eat the steak for meal 3

meal 3: 8 ounes of steak and veggies?

ppwo (m5) : veggies yam or brown rice and 2 slices of grilled chicken

hows that sound and can i substitute fish for one of those? is fish recommendded for ppwo? what else besides chicken and if i get rid of the brown rice or yam, can i still have the steak for ppwo?

also if i have chicken veggies and a yam for dinner can i also have with that a small salad with olive oil maybe a tablespoon or would that be violating the carb/fat separation rule

also if i have chicken veggies and a yam for dinner can i also have with that a small salad with olive oil maybe a tablespoon or would that be violating the carb/fat separation rule
    i think that is pretty straight forward...
    yam = carb
    oil = fat...

Thread Information