ya_man is offline Member

Question k guys, check out the diet for me please!

so basically, everyday is the same meals, same time....im used to it and i dont mind it, but just tryin to mix things up so i can shake the slump!
    any ideas would be great!

breakfast:

3 artificial sweetner in 1 cup oatmeal with 1 scoop protien powder
    half cup cottage cheese
    green tea

snack 1:

2 hard boiled eggs
    3 tablespoons PB

Lunch:

Turkey, chicken, tuna, turkey burger....one of them depending the day
    mixed salad with oil for a dressing

snack 2:

handfull almonds(dry roasted, unsalted)
    tuna in mustard and ketchup

dinner:

turkey, chicken, fish....one or the other depending how i feel
    mixed salad with oil for dressing

before bed:

half cup cottage cheese
    diet pepsi

supps include:

fiber pill, omega 3,6,9, 400mg caffeene, 75mg ephdrene, multi, glutamine, dextrose, protien powder

ive been around 188 for the last month, and just tryin to breal this....cardio is good, and so is weights..strength is still up if not going up....thanks boys!

ya_man is offline Member
    PWO

Dex and protien 2:1 ratio

PPWO

1 cup oatmeal with 2 sweetner

sorry forgot to add those, my workouts are juggled from day to day, but always get them in...so some meals might be switched up

ya_man is offline Member
    bump

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ya_man
    so basically, everyday is the same meals, same time....im used to it and i dont mind it, but just tryin to mix things up so i can shake the slump!
    any ideas would be great!

breakfast:

3 artificial sweetner in 1 cup oatmeal with 1 scoop protien powder
    half cup cottage cheese
    green tea

snack 1:

2 hard boiled eggs
    3 tablespoons PB

Lunch:

Turkey, chicken, tuna, turkey burger....one of them depending the day
    mixed salad with oil for a dressing

snack 2:

handfull almonds(dry roasted, unsalted)
    tuna in mustard and ketchup

dinner:

turkey, chicken, fish....one or the other depending how i feel
    mixed salad with oil for dressing

before bed:

half cup cottage cheese
    diet pepsi

supps include:

fiber pill, omega 3,6,9, 400mg caffeene, 75mg ephdrene, multi, glutamine, dextrose, protien powder

ive been around 188 for the last month, and just tryin to breal this....cardio is good, and so is weights..strength is still up if not going up....thanks boys!
    Just giving it a quick once over because there are people here better suited to give better diet advice.....

READ THE STICKIES lol

Why the cottage cheese in Meal 1? (read stickies)

I don't like Snack 1. Lots of fats (maybe too much), but not a bunch of protein. And if thats not All natty PB, the sugar in it makes that snack a no go IMO.

Drop the ketchup from the tuna. You would be better just having tuna mixed with full fat mayo for that meal so you can avoid the ketchup.

Why drink caffeine right before bed? I could be wrong, and maybe its good....but I thought caffeine that late often led to crappy sleep and affected your "deep sleep". From that, I would think you wouldn't recover the CNS as well. Could be wrong though....can't remember where I read that.

I will let the vets tear up my advice now

ya_man is offline Member
    i figure cottage cheese in meal one and before bed, that way i have a slow digesting protien in my body at all times, normally can take 6'8 hours for cottage cheese to fully digest. so thats the reason for that

the PB is natty, so no worries there...also, this diet is one that does follow the cutting sticky, eg: pro/carb, pro/fat, etc....

i put maybe half a teaspoon of ketchup in the tuna, along with 2 tablespoons of mustard...just got a lil taste

yeah the diet pepsi before bed could go, but its like my "lil treat" basically, i dont have one every night, and its mainly my cheat for the weak, if u wanna even consider it a cheat...

do with that what u will...c'mon vets! jump in on this shizz!!

Why do you say that ketchup is the same as full fat mayo? the fat contents aren't even close. ya man what are your goals here? need to know before comments come.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    ketchup is sugar
    mayo is fat
    thats like comparing lard to insulin ?
    btw you stated your PPWO was oats and sweetner? got any protein there and oats are kinda low gi... unless its the starchy kind (instant)

ya_man is offline Member
    the hulkster: my goal is to lean out more then i am right now, im around 188 with the top 4 abs in...just gotta get the lower part!...ive been at the cutting for about 2 months now and kinda hit a plateau

Tiaboxa: yeah sorry, i put in one scoop of protien in the oats and will have tuna, chicken along with it. my PWO meal is dextrose and protien powder mixed with water. I thouight the dex would be the high gi?...maybe i was mistaken?....

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    My comment on the mayo/ketchup was to drop the ketchup and mustard altogether and just have tuna and mayo for the meal.

Jake

ironpumpindoc is offline Junior Member
    Give this a try if you get board . . .

meal 1 (45 minutes after cardio) 9 egg whites/2 slices of turkey breast w/ 1/2 cup oats

meal 2 pro shake/ almonds

meal 3 1 can tuna/ 2 slices turkey breast mixed in salad with olive oil

meal 4 pwo 40-50 grams pro 80-100 grams dex

meal 5 ppwo chicken breast / 1/2 cup brown rice

meal 6 pro shake with flax

I am shaving fat off like crazy w/ this cutter . . . and maintaining muscle mass. I try to drink about a gallon of water per day also.
    I would go to fitday.com (after using the harris-benedict equation X activity factor - 500 kCals) to figure out exactly how many calories you are eating per day. It has helped many of us on this board. It will also help you fine tune the amounts of calories you should be taking in per meal.

Best of luck to you

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpumpindoc
    Give this a try if you get board . . .

meal 1 (45 minutes after cardio) 9 egg whites/2 slices of turkey breast w/ 1/2 cup oats

meal 2 pro shake/ almonds

meal 3 1 can tuna/ 2 slices turkey breast mixed in salad with olive oil

meal 4 pwo 40-50 grams pro 80-100 grams dex

meal 5 ppwo chicken breast / 1/2 cup brown rice

meal 6 pro shake with flax just hope its casein otherwise better off eating lean pro source.
    I am shaving fat off like crazy w/ this cutter . . . and maintaining muscle mass. I try to drink about a gallon of water per day also.
    I would go to fitday.com (after using the harris-benedict equation X activity factor - 500 kCals) to figure out exactly how many calories you are eating per day. It has helped many of us on this board. It will also help you fine tune the amounts of calories you should be taking in per meal.

Best of luck to you

ya_man is offline Member
    wow, awesome lay out plan brutha, thats definitly gunna change it up for me and hopefully it will beak my plateau....i will keep u boys updated!!

Thread Information