Thread: Protein

97cobra is offline Junior Member

Protein

I was just reading Chris Aceto's book and he says that you only count animal proteins and not proteins from say oats. But I thought that when you combined incomplete proteins w/ complete it was ok and you could count them. Just curious b/c I am currently taking in 2800 calories and I eat a lot of oatmeal which has 5 grams of protein per serving and those 5 grams add up over the day if I don't include them as a protein source. So in reality I would be getting around 2950-3000 cals. So do I only count the protein from meats, cheeses, etc. and not the proteins coming from my carb sources??
    Thanx

WildCh1ld is offline Banned
    Good question.....bump

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    its aight i only count complete amino proteins like meats egg whites and dairy

other wise they dont have the proper amino balance to make ur muscles happy

97cobra is offline Junior Member
    OK, so what do you do about the extra cals. When I figure up my ratios for 3000 cals I know exactly how much of each macro I need. But in those carb sources I get extra protein which bumps my cals up to say 3100-3200. What about the extra cals?? Just not worry about them or what, that is what I am confused on? Those extra grams of protein add up and I don't want any extra cals that I have not accounted for.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    that are calories regardless and can be utilized as protein in other parts of the body i suppose but hell i dunno my brain is fried...

Thread Information