daos is offline Associate Member

Specific Carbohydrate Diet

Ok gents and ladies,

I need some help from you guys and I hope that this diet I am looking for is available in the "muscle" building portion of working out. I am 26 years old, 6' tall and weigh 130lbs. I have great genetics when I choose to workout, but I have gone down the wrong paths many times using steriods the wrong ways and not eating right. I have since decided to quit with the anabolics and do this the 100% natural way.

I was diagnosed with Chrones disease when I was 16 years old and have been living with it since. I have been through all kinds of medications, professional treatments, and various forms of alternate methods of treatment as well. I have come accross a diet called the Specific Carbohydrate Diet that really seems to work well for my body. My syptoms have subsided greatly for the first time in my life and I have only been on the diet for 3 months.

I want to pass this diet by you all and see if you could maybe lay out a meal plan for me so I can start gaining weight again. I will post all of the things I can eat and also the things I cannot. I might not be able to post all the things I can, but atleast the ones I cannot.

Things I can eat:
    Meats
    Fruits
    Vegatables

Things I cannot eat:
    Complex sugars and carbs
    Starchs
    Any form of Lactose
    Wheat, Yeast, any type of bread

My goals are simple; eat healthy, workout with moderate to moderatly intense training, and get healthy while gaining weight back. I am working out with a personal trainer 2 times a week starting Tuesday. He is traning me on Tuesday and Thursday. These will be the only two days I train for now. My main goal is on diet. This is not the easiest diet in the world so I was looking for a few pointers and some advice from you guys that might make it easier.

Please list types of foods, quantities, and even recipes for cooking since I have no idea how to cook.

Thanks alot and pelase feel free to ask any questions you feel.

P.S. One of the main things I am concerned about is not being able to eat pastas, and those types of carbs. I read alot about people using these types of complex carbs to gain weight. Are these really needed? Also, I canno have whey either...how am I going to gain weight?!
    Last edited by daos; 05-29-2005 at 01:46 AM.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    something doesnt make SENSE

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd work with a doctor on what you can eat to gain weight.

Complex carbs and simple sugars (dextrose) are keys to growth, as replinishing muscle glycogen is the first step in muscular growth. Why you were using steroids w/your ailment and inability to eat what you need to grow NATURALLY I have no idea.

~SC~

daos is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I'd work with a doctor on what you can eat to gain weight.

Complex carbs and simple sugars (dextrose) are keys to growth, as replinishing muscle glycogen is the first step in muscular growth. Why you were using steroids w/your ailment and inability to eat what you need to grow NATURALLY I have no idea.

~SC~
    I just did not know any better. Also, I can have simple sugars like those found in fruit and honey. While I am on anabolics, the gear reduces the inflamation in my colon to a certain degree and takes the pain away from my stomach and lower intestine allowing me to eat just about whatever foods I desired. It works very similar to the other steriods I take for medical use. I guess thats how I got away with it for so long.
    Last edited by daos; 05-29-2005 at 10:54 AM.

Thread Information