N00b is offline Banned

Cutting diet or Gain lean muscle mass diet?? Help me choose!

I am still a bit confused on which diet I should be following. I have switched back and forth and not getting where I want to. I am 6'1", 184 lbs, 18% BF, 25 years old. By viewing my picture on the left and my goal on the right... which of the 2 diets should I use as my template: The Cutting Diet or the Gain Lean Muscle Mass diet? Also, what should I be getting as far as daily calorie, pro, carb and fat needs? I can break down my meals ok, I just need a total (like 2200 cal / 150 carb / 280 pro / 60 fat .. some breakdown like that). Thanks guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cutting diet or Gain lean muscle mass diet?? Help me choose!-pic.jpg  

smegs is offline Member
    well since that actor is more cut than you, id assume you want to cut, therefore....use the cutting diet...

as far as the amounts of protein/fat/carbs, the cutting sticky already provides that for you, you may have to make some changes depending on how your body responds to the dieting.

N00b is offline Banned
    Yes, but he also has much more muscle mass as well. I'm afraid if I go with the cutting diet, I won't put on muscle (as you can see my arms are skinny)

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    ur gonna have to lose fat and build muscle my guess would be lose fat first to see how ur body looks like and what needs work then add muslce

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Cut first.

If you are relatively new to weight training/cardio/patterned eating, then you can also build lean muscle WHILE you diet. Yes, it can be done for those who are still relatively new to the weightlifting game. Trust me, I help people do this daily.

~SC~

bombastico is offline Junior Member
    thats agood question, i am in the same sitation too. the cutting sticky says 130 carbs to have but does that include the pwo dex???

Thread Information