N00b is offline Banned

Man, I wish I had one of you guys w/me tonight!!

Firts let me preface by saying that I come here primarily for all my information regarding dieting and working out...

So anyways I hit the gym tonight like regular. I made the mistake of asking some personal trainer to test my BF%. Which by the way I am happy to say is at 16% (down from 18 a couple weeks ago). He then started questioning me on my diet and my workouts. I told him I do cardio for 50 min walking on an empty stomach first thing, then come back later in the day to lift. I swear the expression on his face was almost as if I dropped my pants and took a dump on his desk. He then said that not eating before cardio is not a smart thing and that you must eat something before each workout. I told him I do it so it can burn off the stored fat. He then said that was nonsense and it would burn muscle tissue. He said I needed to eat before my cardio and do it at 25 minutes running before my lifting and stop doing walking for 50 min. He also recommended I do 10 minutes cardio after my lifting to do something (I forgot, as I wasn't paying much attention).

He then flipped when I told him one of my meals was steak and cheese. He asked why on earth I would do that and I described I seperate fat/pro meals with carb/pro meals. He again said it's nonsense to seperate carbs and fat and that method fails to prevent fat storage. He said as long as I eat balanced meals consisting of protein, carbohydrate, and fat I'd be fine and the method I had of seperation was silly.

He then asked where the hell I get my information. I mentioned it was from a web forum (didnt mention the URL) from very reputable sources who know what they're talking about. He then laughed and proceeded to take me to his desk and show me his certifications. He went on saying that anyone can post on forums and not to take what they say seriously.. showed me more certs, pics.. yadda yadda yadda... he then started to try and sell me on a personal training system. Now, I am not the kind of guy to just blow people off to their face, so I pretended to be interested; took his card and said I would call him later and left. I wish I had some back-up tonight

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    what do you need back up for? you said it yourself he was trying to sell you. He is basing his diet stratagies on the basic law of thermo dynamics where as he would put you on a caloric restricted diet of balanced meals. Now you will loose weight beut you will not get the ripped looked you want IMO. That type of dieting works for common gardner pulling potatoes out of the ground but i dont want to be common like everybody else. I rather be myself and do what i want to do.

Question him next time and ask him a 1000 ?'s I like to get into discussions with people on their theorys of weight loss. ASk him/her for a portfolio of his/her clients who he/she has helped. If he/she is such the freaking master they will have a ass load of clients to back them up and pictures to go along with it. Anybody can take and pass a test but applying your knowledge to work for another person is something else if you ask me.

Also if he/she has a portfolio of clients take a look at what they look like such as before's and after's and see if you want to look like them. Most likey probably not.....
    abstrack@protonmail.com

N00b is offline Banned
    I just don't understand the reaction I guess. Why it would seem THAT inconceivable to him (and others who have argued this)? Why would one side say something that contradicts another yet both are in the same field?

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    aint that something like ppl who use roids vs. ppl who dont use it, i mean "your dick gets small" n shit like that lol. Lol dude atleast u could argue with him about the diet, i was talking to an old friend (who doesnt know about me n aas), and he was talking "yeah the dick gets smaller" and when i said no he flamed me for it and laughed and i couldnt argue or else he would start asking questions lol, omfg what a dumbass i should smack him in the head

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    As a trainer myself i would always advise watching out for the so-called qualifications and certifications of someone. Anyone can get a take home cert. and have three friends help them cheat on it just to get the piece of paper. You really need to make sure the trainer is knowledgable and in some cases they dont know jack. If you dont mind me asking...what gym do you lift at?

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Smarta$$

N00b is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    As a trainer myself i would always advise watching out for the so-called qualifications and certifications of someone. Anyone can get a take home cert. and have three friends help them cheat on it just to get the piece of paper. You really need to make sure the trainer is knowledgable and in some cases they dont know jack. If you dont mind me asking...what gym do you lift at?
    I train at my local 24 Hour Fitness super sport. It's a block from my work

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Ahhh yes.... the Personal Trainer sales pitch, regurgitating all the crap he read and memorized from his numerous books. I to am a personal trainer and have learned alot from the books and seminars and what not. The gyms I used to work at would try and make me follow their programs and crap but when it was all said and done I trained people my way and had the clientele and results to back it up. Like stated be careful of these PT's. Just because they have documentation means very little. Question them and keep at it until they show just how much they know.

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    Most personnal trainer don't know shit, hey i was asking about the SAN V12 to a girl that works at the gym i go too and she told me to schedual an appointement with a personnal trainer which is 30$ to ask if i could take the stuff or not.

Mouahahah bunch of **** faces. The women personnal trainer is a fat **** she knows shit and i watch her train poor members she knows shit giving them machines instead of good weights when someone wants to gain mass, peck deck anyone.

Keep checking the forum the guys here knows whats best thanks to them i am finally getting results and i don't have to pay an idiot so called personnal trainer.

Good luck.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Ahhh yes.... the Personal Trainer sales pitch, regurgitating all the crap he read and memorized from his numerous books. I to am a personal trainer and have learned alot from the books and seminars and what not. The gyms I used to work at would try and make me follow their programs and crap but when it was all said and done I trained people my way and had the clientele and results to back it up. Like stated be careful of these PT's. Just because they have documentation means very little. Question them and keep at it until they show just how much they know.
    that's one good thing about my gym...they let me do what i want when it comes to training programs and diets...it does help that im the fitness director though.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It's a personal trainer at 24 hour fitness.

Need I say more?

~SC~

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    It's a personal trainer at 24 hour fitness.

Need I say more?

~SC~
    Ahhhh touchie!!!

Glutamine77 is offline Junior Member
    That's the first thing you should check with a PT, if the guy/girl preaches on about this and that and does'nt have the body to back it up, there's your your first clue..
    what a bunch of bs

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    a couple of days ago I had and ISSA-SPN tell me whats wrong with milk and bananas when ur cutting

Thread Information