ACW
    ACW is offline New Member

cardio and weights in the morning....

in regards to cutting, i usually do cardio on a empty stomach when i goto the gym in the mornings (5:30am)..i also lift weights in the morning aswell..

ive been reading up on a few posts on this board saying that it's not good to lift weights on a empty stomach but it is good for cardio..(ive been seeing great results from the am cardio on a empty stomach)

now my question is?, i use to take a protein shake after my workout, but do u guys think it's better to take the shake pre-workout with my flax seed oil??..im also taking a eca stack and trib before i hit the gym..

thanks!,

ACW

ACW
    ACW is offline New Member
    anyone?

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    If you are just doing cardio, then you want to have an empty stomach. If you are lifting, you need carbs. Instead of a pro/fat meal, you should have a good source of complex carbs approx. 45 min before you lift.

As far as PWO goes, save the shake for then, but add dextrose for a ratio of dex to protein at 2:1

Quote Originally Posted by ACW
    in regards to cutting, i usually do cardio on a empty stomach when i goto the gym in the mornings (5:30am)..i also lift weights in the morning aswell..

ive been reading up on a few posts on this board saying that it's not good to lift weights on a empty stomach but it is good for cardio..(ive been seeing great results from the am cardio on a empty stomach)

now my question is?, i use to take a protein shake after my workout, but do u guys think it's better to take the shake pre-workout with my flax seed oil??..im also taking a eca stack and trib before i hit the gym..

thanks!,

ACW
    You absolutely need a PWO shake, with plenty of simple carbs, as said above. I would also take the trib at night as most people do b/c it is the most anabolic time for your body, hense you would want more test in you.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    if u can seperate the weights and cardio DO IT!!!

cardio: on an empty stomach wait 45 mins then have a pro/fat meal(mornining)
    workout: have a whey isolate -dex 1:2 ratio immediatly after finishing

but if u cant and u have to do em both em in the mornining
    well i guess set ur alarm at 3:20am drink a 50-50 casein and whey blend shake with flax ,go back to sleep , then go do ur cardio ,wait 30 mins have some type of bcaa's or amino acids like a pre-workout thing with fast digesting shit then workout ,this is wut i would do if i was pressed for time, not the best thing ,but the best i could come up with

good luck bro

colossus1 is offline Member
    Doing cardio in the morning on an empty stomach is about the most catabolic thing you can do to your body. The entire "cardio in the morning on an empty stomach" deal works WONDERS for people who are fat and overweight, NOT for people trying to preserve muscle mass..........

Cardio and weight sessions should be split up.

Quote Originally Posted by colossus1
    Doing cardio in the morning on an empty stomach is about the most catabolic thing you can do to your body. The entire "cardio in the morning on an empty stomach" deal works WONDERS for people who are fat and overweight, NOT for people trying to preserve muscle mass..........

Cardio and weight sessions should be split up.
    * im guessing they didnt upgrade to vet for ur diet info* edit

i didnt mean for this to sound disrespctful wut i meant was obviously they upgraded u 2 vet for ur info bout roids but wut ur saying has some flaws
    peace
    Last edited by CrystalMethodX; 06-05-2005 at 07:21 AM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I have to say that I strongly disagree. I help competitors and myself alike get ripped for photoshoots with a.m. on "E" cardio. It's not catabolic in the least bit provided one knows how to eat correctly the other 23+ hours of the day to maintain a positive nitrogen balance, and does the "correct" form of fat burning cardio as well.

To each his own I guess, but cardio on E done at 65-75% of one's MHR is what USES FAT FOR FUEL.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMethodX

I was going to say somewhat the same thing, because that is very flawed.

He's a good guy, yes, but I don't think diet/exercise/cardio/etc. are his strongpoints.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

I was going to say somewhat the same thing, because that is very flawed.

He's a good guy, yes, but I don't think diet/exercise/cardio/etc. are his strongpoints.

~SC~

Dunno...........swole. Cardio in the morning on an empty stomach sucks for me. Maybe cause i hate it and dont need it.....lol.
    Last edited by colossus1; 06-05-2005 at 07:48 AM.

provided one knows how to eat correctly the other 23+ hours of the day to maintain a positive nitrogen balance, and does the "correct" form of fat burning cardio as well.
    ~SC~

There lies the problem. You are a competitior and know exactly how to eat train and do dorrect form of cardio. Cant say the same for most. I can reach high single digit bodyfat without doing morning cardio on an empty stomach. For most people i feel it will negatively affect their training to do AM empty stomach cardio cause they will more than likely screw it up and it will turn catabolic. Most people have flawed diets and flawed training programs.......

Dunno....JMO.
    Last edited by colossus1; 06-05-2005 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMethodX

i didnt mean for this to sound disrespctful wut i meant was obviously they upgraded u 2 vet for ur info bout roids but wut ur saying has some flaws
    peace

I guess i should have worded my post better and not used such blanket statements. Ill be sure to be more specific in the future.........

I guess i should have worded my post better and not used such blanket statements. Ill be sure to be more specific in the future.........
    Peace bro its all good

There lies the problem. You are a competitior and know exactly how to eat train and do dorrect form of cardio. Cant say the same for most. I can reach high single digit bodyfat without doing morning cardio on an empty stomach. For most people i feel it will negatively affect their training to do AM empty stomach cardio cause they will more than likely screw it up and it will turn catabolic. Most people have flawed diets and flawed training programs.......

Dunno....JMO.
    Yeah, of course if people don't know WTF they are doing they can jack themselves up badly. Same can be said for taking gear the wrong way, over-training, under-training, eating like sh*t in trying to gain weight, etc.
    That doesn't mean it "has" to be that way, or that there are not ways around those issues.

I didn't mean to sound as if you don't know what you are talking about, but there are ways in which to prevent catabolism and negative effects from a.m. "E" cardio.

Peace!
    ~SC~

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    I have to say that I strongly disagree. I help competitors and myself alike get ripped for photoshoots with a.m. on "E" cardio.
    ~SC~
    D@mn, you and your clients do cardio on ecstasy?!?!?! No wonder business is going so good for ya

Thread Information