Indymuscleguy is offline Senior Member

Newbe's diet *Advice welcome*

Hey guys,

Ok, I've been training well, thought my diet was pretty good, but from what I'm reading, my diet really isn't that great.

Goals:

Maintain muscle mass or increase
    Maintain bf% 11.2%now ***Ultimate goal 8%***

My diet has consisted of (undocumented and unmeasured)

Whey protien shakes 3 per day ~50g's of protien with water
    Chicken/fish lunch/dinner
    some veggis
    low carbs...but they were bad carbs...stupid me...learning tho...
    low sugar intake.

Soo...here's what I'm doing now...

Post workout....protien shake w/peanut butter and 1 cup of oatmeal w/ 1tbsp of flax seed oil and a REGULAR Coke...to stimulate insulin release.

7AM Breakfast: Protien shake w/ 1 cup of oatmeal, w/ 1tbsp of flax/1 tbsp of Peanut butter

10:00 Grilled chicken wrap from Applebees w/ teraki sauce

12:30 McDonalds Grilled Cesar Salad w/ 1/3 packet of dressing and Diet coke

2:30 or 3 Protien shake (No carbs after this point of the day)

5pm workout w/ post workout shake w/sugar..again to stimulate insuline release.

6:30 ish...dinner

9pm snack of cottage cheese....

What do you guys think so far...I am new, don't beat me up...just looking for ideas and help with diet...I'm doing well, just at a sticking point.

If you have read my other posts you would have seen that in 2 years I have gone from 150lbs and 18% bodyfat to 175lbs and 11% *without cardio* All maintained by diet and lifting properly. I am 5'10" tall 41c 15.5bi's 33w 51" shoulders, 24" quads

Cycle history...given upon request. (On my 3rd week of my 3rd cycle)

Shoot me some advice ... Thanks!

[email protected]

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Indymuscleguy
    Hey guys,

Ok, I've been training well, thought my diet was pretty good, but from what I'm reading, my diet really isn't that great.

Goals:

Maintain muscle mass or increase
    Maintain bf% 11.2%now ***Ultimate goal 8%***

My diet has consisted of (undocumented and unmeasured)

Whey protien shakes 3 per day ~50g's of protien with water
    Chicken/fish lunch/dinner
    some veggis
    low carbs...but they were bad carbs...stupid me...learning tho...
    low sugar intake.

Soo...here's what I'm doing now...

Post workout....protien shake w/peanut butter and 1 cup of oatmeal w/ 1tbsp of flax seed oil and a REGULAR Coke...to stimulate insulin release.

7AM Breakfast: Protien shake w/ 1 cup of oatmeal, w/ 1tbsp of flax/1 tbsp of Peanut butter Don't mix fats and carbs

10:00 Grilled chicken wrap from Applebees w/ teraki sauce

12:30 McDonalds Grilled Cesar Salad w/ 1/3 packet of dressing and Diet coke

2:30 or 3 Protien shake (No carbs after this point of the day)

5pm workout w/ post workout shake w/sugar..again to stimulate insuline release.

6:30 ish...dinner

9pm snack of cottage cheese....

What do you guys think so far...I am new, don't beat me up...just looking for ideas and help with diet...I'm doing well, just at a sticking point.

If you have read my other posts you would have seen that in 2 years I have gone from 150lbs and 18% bodyfat to 175lbs and 11% *without cardio* All maintained by diet and lifting properly. I am 5'10" tall 41c 15.5bi's 33w 51" shoulders, 24" quads

Cycle history...given upon request. (On my 3rd week of my 3rd cycle)

Shoot me some advice ... Thanks!

[email protected]
    Read the diet stickies... I'm was going to help correct some errors, but there are far too many mistakes for your accomplishing goals. IMO I would stay away from the fast food and use dex to stimulate insulin levels with pwo shake.

HEy man,

Thanks. As dumb as this may sound, reading all the stickies can be overwhelming. It would be cool if one would critique it a little at a time....we all started somewhere.

Thanks again.

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    This is IN the cutting sticky up top.... Its a general example for a 200 lb guy trying to cut. Change it up and cater it you, but stay with the general idea of pro/fat, pro/carb, and pro/dex(PWO)

"Meal 1:
    Lean Protein, 1/2 cup oatmeal

Meal 2:
    Protein shake/Lean Protein (2 tbsp flax

Meal 3:
    Veggies, Lean Protein

Workout

Meal 4:
    PWO Nutrition

Meal 5:
    Veggies, Lean Protein, 1/2 cup rice or oatmeal.

Meal 6:
    Shake with Flax

That turns into approximately 300 grams protein, 130 grams Carbs, and 50 grams of fat.

*Reminder: This is a PRIMER. It’s not mean to be comprehensive."

You only need to be reading the "Cutting" sticky. Re-read it again...the info is there.

JAke

Thanks a buch. I keep pounding the chicken breasts and tuna down, my biggest problem is know the right porportion of good carbs/fat. I am reading info on here about glycemic indexes and insulin , which, I am clearly not ready for, however, I understand glucose in the am and post workout is a good idea to stimulate insulin secretion. Exactley what are you using for glucose...I drank a regular coke (dumb I know) but that's what first popped into my head as I left the house for work. Are you guys drinking a fruit juice? Simple sugar....what's the glucose that u guys are using and what's the doseage?

Indymuscleguy

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd suggest you take the time to read/understand the cutting sticky atop the page.

It's not overwhelming in the least bit, unless you ran through it at light speed.

Really, it's your body, so you yourself a favor and spend the time to do your body right by reading/understanding.

You're worth it right?

BTW, do a search for DEXTROSE, that is also mentioned in the sticky and it's what you'll want to use as part of your post-workout offerings.

~SC~

Swolecat...thanks a bunch man. You ROCK!

Indymuscleguy

[email protected]

Thread Information