jdspinna is offline Associate Member

Pre and Post Workout Nutrition Question

I was doing a post workout nutrition shake after my workout in the morning. Problem is that I get up at 5:00 and workout from 5:30 till around 7:00 so, it throws off my eating schedule and I miss breakfast. Also, It only takes me 10 minutes to get home and whip up 8 egg whites and some oatmeal. I also don't like to eat before I go because it makes me sick to my stomach durning my workout.

So, I guess the question would be, should I eat anything before going to the gym and what would the benefit be? and If I have a PW shake, should I also eat breakfast when I get home 10 minutes later or skip that meal alltogether?

I know I've been posting a lot of questions lately so thanks to everyone for giving me advice.

russia dog is offline Member
    glucose / whey / creatine / glutamine ... preworkout/post workout should be similar.....

glucose from pre workout will raise your blood sugar level that is lowered during sleep.... i weigh 80kgs and i do 40g glucose/40 whey/5 creatine / 10 glutamine.. and having great result.... even on off cycle...

Thanks. Any idea on my breakfast? Should I wait 2 1/2 hours before eating another meal after my Post Workout shake or go ahead and have the breakfast?

niXon)( is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdspinna
    Thanks. Any idea on my breakfast? Should I wait 2 1/2 hours before eating another meal after my Post Workout shake or go ahead and have the breakfast?
    There's PWO and PPWO.

eat your solid meal preferably 45-60 min after your PWO shake.

eat yout breakfast after your shakes.... it can even help with the absorption of protein... but as for carb.. slowly decrease the GI..
    dextose is 100 gi... so.... for your meal.. try white bread or rice... they;re around 88.... then after that get some whole grains... go to. www.ast-ss.com they have awesome article on "right carb to maximize gain"

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd preferably NOT workout in the morning, and not on empty.

Just my take on it.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I'd preferably NOT workout in the morning, and not on empty.

Just my take on it.

~SC~
    Do you think a morning workout is going to hinder my gains somehow? I used to go in the evenings and switched to morning to fit my schedule. I have plenty of energy and have moved up my lifts pretty consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by russia dog
    eat yout breakfast after your shakes.... it can even help with the absorption of protein... but as for carb.. slowly decrease the GI..
    dextose is 100 gi... so.... for your meal.. try white bread or rice... they;re around 88.... then after that get some whole grains... go to. www.ast-ss.com they have awesome article on "right carb to maximize gain"
    Thanks Bro.

Thread Information