Thread: Weight gaining

Beherit is offline New Member

Exclamation Weight gaining

I was wondering how I could gain weight, because I never can. And what is the deal with cottage cheese? Is it a good weight gainer? What other foods are good for gaining?

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Take your bodyweight and multiply by 20.....that will be your daily caloric intake (ex. 160lbs x 20 = 3200calories per day). Use the following ratios...50% calories from carbohydrates, 30% calories from protein and 20% calories from fat. Therefore 1600cals/carbs = 400grams/day, 960cals/pro = 240g/day and 640cals/fat = 70grams/day. Divide these into 6 evenly spaced meals. Try and get the majority of your calories from clean whole foods, but a good whey protein powder will help as well. Check out some of the previous posts in this forum using your search key. Good luck bro.

superbeast is offline Member
    Write down everything you eat for 2 weeks, keeping track of calories and grams of carbs, protein, and fat. Note any change in your body weight. Increase that number by 25% and go from there. If you really want to put muscle on, take in 2g of protein for every lb of bodyweight. Take in no more than 10% of your calories from fat, the rest should be complex carbs.

bigtime is offline New Member
    yeah...i would have to go with what sb said.....
    but eating more that 6000 cals a day is a bust in the ass
    just drink alot of good protein to up your cals.....bigtime

Thread Information