BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member

Morning Feedings

Gentlemen,

I've just started a new business, so I'm working a crazy amount of hours. The best time for me to work out now is in the morning. Previously I was pretty consistently Mr. 7:30 P.M. at my gym,

Diet question:

When I wake up at 5:30 A.M I'm ravenous. Have a big bowl of Irish oatmeal and some fruit for quick energy. THEN, if I hit the gym right away, it makes me feel like I'm gonna be sick. So instead I wait almost an hour to digest (just like Mom used to say) before doing any activity.

Then I go to the gym and work out for 1.5 hrs, or so. THEN I drive home and want to cook second breakfast (as the Hobbits enjoy) of another bowl of oatmeal (to replace glycogen) and about 8 egg whites for protein, maybe a whey shake. Then it's rush off to work.

The pre- and post- workout meals, including digesting time, are costing me a good four hours every morning. Is there any way to speed this process up, with more optimal foods in a better sequence? Morning guys: What pre-workout energy foods work for you without giving you that I'm-gonna-spew-all-over-the-plate-rack feeling?

Thanks

harl is offline Associate Member
    Morning workouts suck period....unless your doing cardio. I have like zero energy/strength in the mornings compared to night workouts. I would blend your oatmeal, eggs up with a protein shake before and after the gym, that would cut alot of meal prep. time.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    I blend the oatmeal and whey in a shake before then a 2:1 ratio of dextrose and whey shake after the weights.

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I guess the blender is my best friend for cutting down on prep time, but the digestion problem remains. Ideal time to workout is sometime in the early evening in the hours before you'd be eating a big protein meal anyway.

Thanks.

T

Thread Information