Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member

bulking is pretty near impossible

The thought just crossed my mind today. I have a problem gaining mass, well to tell you the truth its pretty near impossible for me, my metabolism is through the roof (genetics) Im not exatly sure what my BF% is but judging by my friends who have got theirs tested Id honestly say Im about 5-6% (I'm 6'2 195). I can eat Mcdonalds and pizza all day long and not gain any BF. I was actually TRYING to bulk a few months back and was eating anywheres from 7-8000cals per day and the only thing it did for me is make me shit 10 times a day, I could still see my abs without flexing. Now what Im thinking is that the more I eat the faster my metabolism works so its really doing me no good, I eat 8 meals a day right with any where from 500-800cals. Im thinking my body doesnt really have time to build mass because its too busy burning the food I put into it. I was thinking about cutting my meals down to 4 per day with 1000cals or so each, do you think that this would allow my body to actually use the nutrients instead of just burning through them??? Im a little confused on this one, Swole, help a brotha out, what do you think. Sorry if this question is too all over the place.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    As much as weight gainers suck, you are an ideal candidate for them... They're an easy way to put down 3-4k extra calories per day and the thermic effect of liquid meals is less than that of solid food.

Paullusion is offline Associate Member
    yeah man, weight gainers IMO are motherfeckin pro as i'm a hardgainer. they really help me pack it on.

my fav is Muscle Juice 2544. the shit is amazing, price wise, taste wise, ingredient wise.

What time do you guys usually take your weight gain shake. I want to add mass but I dont want to get bloated. A little extra BF is OK but I want no bloat. Is there an best time to take thesse shake to prevent bloat. Im thinking PWO might be OK seeing as though your body is starving for carbs and protien. What do you think.

diesel21 is offline Member
    are you really eating every 2-3 hours?
    idk man... and are you really counting your calories?
    name exactly what you ate for 7-8000 calories
    if you eat that many a day, u'll gain unless u have a medical problem.... really count what you are eating then do it for at least a yr b4 giving up

the weight gainer is nice cause i really really get sick of eating every 1.5 hours. i go PWO and sometimes another one if i don't have time to eat.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel21
    are you really eating every 2-3 hours?
    idk man... and are you really counting your calories?
    name exactly what you ate for 7-8000 calories
    if you eat that many a day, u'll gain unless u have a medical problem.... really count what you are eating then do it for at least a yr b4 giving up
    my friend had the exact same question , he said he was eating atleast 6000 calories , i told him to write everything he ate it was 3500 and thats being generous
    post ur diet, training ,sleep etc.... itll help us help u

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Right, w/out writing everything out and making sure you eat that same sh*t day in/out for months on end, there is no real way to tell.

7000/8000 kcals is a ton of food, and eating sh*t won't help you attain lean mass either. The goal is to not swap down as many kcals as you can, it's to ingest GOOD kcals to change your body composition in a positive manner.

~SC~

nice call. i find i'm guitly of overesitmating how much i eat. almost everyone is.

Moosepellet is offline Member
    Just like Swole said unless your writing your diet out, you have no idea how many cals your taking in. Plus you need to monitor it on a monthy basis, yea thats right eating the same $hit day in a day out. I have been doing it for the last several months and only have had 4 cheat day. Last night was the best one that I've had in months. Papa John Lg with the works, ate the whole mo-fo. Unless your training for competition, your going to have to have cheat days to keep your sanity. Good luck

You guys all bring up some good points, I dont really count my cals right now I just go through the day kind of guessing on how much calories I consume. I should start getting down to bussiness and actually write out what I consume each day and set up a proper diet plan. It just hard because I eat alot of left over which my mom cooks ans saves me and I have no idea what nutrition value it has, its all good quality food, my mom never cooks up shit but there no real way of telling whats in it. Oh, and one more thing weather anyone believes me or not I did eat about 7000cals per day at one point, I did count cals when I did this and some day it would exceed 7000, it wasnt all good quaitly food, there was quite a bit of shit food in there but it did equal 7000.

gooroo is offline Associate Member
    eww testsubject that avatar ...... I feel like putting my thumb on my screen over it each time I see it.

niXon)( is offline Member
    at 7k cals you're either overtraining, not getting enough rest, or somthing else is wrong. Someone your weight WILL grow on 7k cals.

post your diet or what you eat in a given day, im curious to see these 7k cals, and your diet.

bvanderwerff is offline Associate Member
    I'm very curious, LET'S SEE THE DIET!!!

bvanderwerff is offline Associate Member
    but BTW; I'm jealous of the fact that you don't have to worry about bf

I'm an ectomorph easygainer.... it's brutal

Quote Originally Posted by gooroo
    eww testsubject that avatar ...... I feel like putting my thumb on my screen over it each time I see it.
    You dont like??? That's my long term goal of what I want to achieve.

gooroo is offline Associate Member
    yes he is huge, its those grape smugglers (what little he has) that make me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by gooroo
    yes he is huge, its those grape smugglers (what little he has) that make me cringe.
    OOOHHH! LMAO!!

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Maybe you should get your thyroid tested...

But I still think you don't eat as much as you do

Thread Information