needbigguns is offline Once Human and Inferior - Now Beast-Like and Superior

scrambled eggs as cheat meals

as a kind of cheat meal i usualy have scrambled egg, sometimes twice a day allthough i have even been known to have it three times a day using up to 12 eggs (4 eggs per portion)

Is this a good cheat meal ? By cheat meal i mean you can eat it even when you are not hungry as it is not too filling or heavy on ur stomach and contains plenty of protein.

Is eating this much scrambled egg unhealthy due to the fact that i am sometimes eating 12 egg yolks a day ? (due to the fact that u cannot make scrammbled egg without the yolk )

smegs is offline Member
    12 eggs in one day is WAY to much cholesterol imo

i wouldn't have more than 7-10 whole eggs a week

smegs is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needbigguns
    due to the fact that u cannot make scrammbled egg without the yolk )
    why not? take one egg and add ~150 ml of whites, taste great!

Iceman911 is offline Associate Member
    Just use the eggs whites...I eat eggs all the time, but for every two whole eggs I use 8 egg whites.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    as a kind of cheat meal i usualy have scrambled egg, sometimes twice a day allthough i have even been known to have it three times a day using up to 12 eggs (4 eggs per portion)

Is this a good cheat meal ? By cheat meal i mean you can eat it even when you are not hungry as it is not too filling or heavy on ur stomach and contains plenty of protein.

Is eating this much scrambled egg unhealthy due to the fact that i am sometimes eating 12 egg yolks a day ? (due to the fact that u cannot make scrammbled egg without the yolk )
    Personally, I think that what you are doing is excellent, assuming that you are doing a strict or modified carb diet. The yolks contain nearly as much protien as the whites, and you need fat in your diet. I think that whole eggs have 6g protien each so you are taking in 72g of protien spread throught the day.

As far as the cholesterol thing goes, I was eating a dozen eggs a day at one point a few years back, but severly restricting my carbs. I can report that my colesteral levels actully fell and fell substantially during that period. All of the studies opn eggs and human cholesterol with which I am familiar assume that you are following the food pyrimid, which very few of us on this board are.

AG5678 is offline Member
    Smegs= There have been recent studies that the whole eggs don't hurt you with cholestoral as much as everyone thought. But besides that he is having way to many whole eggs.

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    I would love to cheat on eggs. The yoke is actually filled with good stuff but try to eat only 2 whole eggs a day.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I agree with beenie here. As long as your carb strict it would be ok...

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    I would like to hear more of this because I consume LOTS of whole eggs.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    I thought eating the yolks were bad for you? Contained all the "bad" fat? So its ok if your carbs are to a minimum?

needbigguns is offline Once Human and Inferior - Now Beast-Like and Superior
    Well im trying to bulk guys, well when i say bulk im only eating clean as i natrally have some abs so i try not to eat crap and add fat around the stomach area. Im a natural ectomorph with a really fast matabolism so in general i can eat what ever i want and do not usualy put of fat.

So whats the verdict, i am OK with 10-12 eggs a day including the yolks ?
    Thanks

( Could someone please provide me with some diet equations on the amounts of daily protein intake and carbs, i started another thread on this dieting board but no-one answered, its a few posts down. Cheers)

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    I thought eating the yolks were bad for you? Contained all the "bad" fat? So its ok if your carbs are to a minimum?
    No One knows. All of the studies on eggs and human cholesterol levels with which I am familiar assume that you are following the food pyrimid, which very few of us on this board are. My cholesteral levels fell when I was eating a dozen a day, but I was also lowering my bf%, which I supect was having a far greater affect on my cholesterol levels. All evidence one way or another is impirical on this subject, so you will need to come to your own conclusion.
    Last edited by beenie; 06-08-2005 at 09:12 AM.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by smegs

agreed.....

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smegs

What are you the FDA? It's been proven that dietary cholesterol does not necessarily increase levels of serum cholesterol.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    The original question was whether scrambled eggs were good for a cheat meal. I consider a cheat meal to be used for glycogen replenishment and to temporarilly spike insullin levels and keep the metabolism high. I don't see eggs (lots of protein and fat but zero carbs) doing this.

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Who eats scrambled eggs for a cheat anyway???? I think I would much rather have pizza or junk in general... but much power to ya brotha...

frank rizzo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane
    Who eats scrambled eggs for a cheat anyway???? I think I would much rather have pizza or junk in general... but much power to ya brotha...
    I agree.. I make scrambled eggs a part of pro/fat meals.. cheat meals I eat stuff that doesn't fit into my diet..

aminophiliac is offline Junior Member
    biological value of protein in whole eggs is much better than just egg whites and the cholesterol is of no concern on a weight loss diet unless you are predisposed to some genetic disorder. but cheat days are just about spiking calories in general and i think its actually necessary to go more overboard than just scrambled eggs.

slick1921 is offline Junior Member

Red face

its recommened my health canada or whatever that you dont eat more the 4 whole eggs a week a belive. Now i dont normally follow that but 12 a week is way way way to much. I always use 1 whole egg and mix it with 5 egg whites. Whoever said you cant make scambled eggs with egg whites is wrong. But i will tell u now. 5 whole eggs taste far better then 1 whole and the rest whites. But its your colesterol. And i would never concider eating scambled eggs as cheating. I would concider it a regular part of my diet. Going to burger king and getting a whopper is concidering cheating.
    Last edited by slick1921; 06-09-2005 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slick1921
    its recommened my health canada or whatever that you dont eat more the 4 whole eggs a week a belive. Now i dont normally follow that but 12 a week is way way way to much. I always use 1 whole egg and mix it with 5 egg whites. Whoever said you cant make scambled eggs with egg whites is wrong. But i will tell u now. 5 whole eggs taste far better then 1 whole and the rest whites. But its your colesterol. And i would never concider eating scambled eggs as cheating. I would concider it a regular part of my diet. Going to burger king and getting a whopper is concidering cheating.
    I am sure that more than 4 eggs in Canada is not healthy. It's fine in the USA though.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If eggs are a cheat meal, then I must be cheating daily.

~SC~

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Fvck the FDA and its equivilant in canada they dont know wtf they are talking bout

EGGS R MORE THAN FINE

slick1921 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMethodX
    Fvck the FDA and its equivilant in canada they dont know wtf they are talking bout

EGGS R MORE THAN FINE
    yeah your so much smarter then them. They have reasons for what they say they dont make up stuff for shits and giggles.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    yeah your so much smarter then them. They have reasons for what they say they dont make up stuff for shits and giggles.
    Actually, they are totally clueless on a LOT of things. They may not make things up for "shits/giggles", but that still doesn't change the fact that they are ignorant on a host of issues that plague the general population as a result of their whack ass guidelines.

Case in point, that famous "nutritional triangle" that you see.

Well, it's actually UPSIDE DOWN in regards to what would help most of America be LESS OBESE!!!!

~SC~

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Dude.....Your cheat meal is scrambled eggs???? You should be using these meals to destroy food items that you normally shouldn't/couldn't....By the way don't worry about the cholesterol factor unless you have a family history, that plays a much bigger role in cholesterol problems than what you eat....I'd show you my cheat day

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    but you might freak out!

Supposedly u say that cuz u really read and are intrested and not just saying it for fun look at this:

• RDA. As we explained in Chapter 1, the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine,
    an arm of the nonprofit American Academy of Sciences, sets the Recommended Dietary
    Allowances. RDAs set the national guidelines for the minimum amounts you need to get every
    day. They're the basis for all the scientific research on nutrition—and for the information we give
    in this book.

• USRDA. These are the “other” RDAs, set by the FDA. US stands for United States, of course,
    but this time RDA stands for Recommended Daily Allowance. The USRDAs are really just
    somewhat simplified versions of the Institute of Medicine's RDAs. This standard is being phased
    out in favor of a new one called RDI.

• DRI. Starting in 1997, the Institute of Medicine has begun issuing a new standard, the Daily
    Reference Intake. For each vitamin and mineral, the DRI is sort of an average based on four
    measurements: the estimated average requirement; the RDA; the adequate intake; and the
    tolerable upper intake level. The new DRIs will gradually replace the old RDAs.

• RDI. Get used to this one, because it will eventually replace USRDA on all food and supplement
    labels. RDI stands for Reference Daily Intake. The amounts are still pretty much the same as the
    old USRDAs, which are pretty much the same as the RDAs, which are now becoming part of
    the DRIs. With us so far?

• DRV. Now it starts to get complicated. DRV stands for Daily Recommended Values. The FDA
    created this new standard to cover energy-producing nutrients, which aren't covered in the
    RDIs. The DRVs are the amounts of fats, carbohydrates, fiber, protein, cholesterol, sodium, and
    potassium you should get every day. As you can see from the chart, the DRVs are percentages
    based on a diet that contains 2,000 calories.

• DV. In its wisdom, the FDA has combined the RDIs and DRVs into one, easy-to-understand
    standard called the Daily Value (DV). This is the basis for the detailed labels you now see on
    food packages. The labels include the DRVs and selected RDIs for some vitamins and minerals,
    usually Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium, and iron, but sometimes others (depending on whether
    the food is a good source of those nutrients or not). The label gives both the total amount of
    each nutrient per serving and what percentage of your recommended daily intake that amount is.

^^^^HOW SMART IS THIS?

Nutrient Portion of Daily Diet
    Total fats 30%, 65 g, or 600 calories
    Saturated fat 10%, 20 g, or 200 calories
    Cholesterol 300 mg
    Carbohydrates 60%, 300 grams, or 1,200 calories <<<<
    Protein 10%, 50 g, or 200 calories <<<<<<<10% MY ASS
    Fiber 25 grams
    Sodium 2,400 mg
    Potassium 3,500 mg

The RDAs assume you're an adult under age 60
    who's in good health, has perfect digestion, isn't overweight, leads a totally stress-free life, doesn't
    ever have any sort of medical problem, and never needs to take any sort of medicine. The RDAs
    also assume that you really manage to eat a good diet every day.and probably assume that u dont work out too
    ^
    ^
    WHO ARE THOSE PEOPLE?????????

Vitamins and Minerals
    by Dr. Alan H. Pressman
    with Sheila Buff

Another FDA scam is VIOX
    http://www.vioxxlegalhelpcenter.org/
    as far as i remember they wanted to fire the guy that wanted to remove viox from the market and threatened him and his family on the phone

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Actually, they are totally clueless on a LOT of things. They may not make things up for "shits/giggles", but that still doesn't change the fact that they are ignorant on a host of issues that plague the general population as a result of their whack ass guidelines.

Case in point, that famous "nutritional triangle" that you see.

Well, it's actually UPSIDE DOWN in regards to what would help most of America be LESS OBESE!!!!

~SC~
    OH YES , the famous nutritional triangle

Man everytime i look at it i laugh then i feel sorry for those people

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scrambled eggs as cheat meals-pyramid.gif  
    Last edited by CrystalMethodX; 06-11-2005 at 10:58 PM.

Thread Information