se11 is offline Associate Member

Always hungry, please help!

hey. this weekend i had pretty much a cheat weekend. going to bbqs, staying up till 4 AM eating crap, it was a real bad weekend. anyway that really isn't the problem.

my problem is, i am hungry a lot more then i use to. i wake up have breakfast around 7, go to work, i get hungry around 10. get a quick thing to eat, then i go to lunch at 12:15. at around 4 i get hungry and workout. i eat dinner around 5-6. then around 8-9 i have some fruit or left over dinner. then around 11 i get hungry again.

most times when i get hungry i can have something good, fill me up, and go to bed. but other times, i will have like 3 pieces of fruit and still not be filled up. last night i was so hungry, i could not sleep. i got up, ate 2 nectarenes. i still wasn't full, so i had two muffins someone left in a bag. i still wasn't full, so i had to go and eat another whole bag of muffins. after this it was good enough to get me to sleep. in the morning i woke up starving again. yesterday i ate dinner around 7-8 and had some fruit around 9:30.

what is up with this?! i am far from fat or overweight, this weekend i didn't do cardio or workout once because of the weekend, but i usually do it every day. i seem to be very hungry a lot more then i use to. i just did a small arm and good cardio workout, and had to have a big turkey sandwich because i was so hungry. now, about 20 mins after the sandwich, i can probably down another one. can anyone tell me whats going on and what i should do when i begin starving late at night or after a big meal?

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    worms...lol, kidding...

ultimo is offline Associate Member
    small frequent meals

your metabolism must be burning is all i can say, good show!

maybe keep the fruit closer to the AM...or if you are trying to cut then take it out all together and save it for on the cheat day. high GI carbs

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd suggest drinking 1 to 1.5 gallons of water per day.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I'd suggest drinking 1 to 1.5 gallons of water per day.

~SC~
    i drink a lot of water. but once i overhaul on water, i can't stop pissing and find myself using the rest room every half hour or so.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like you're eating every 3 hours or so. What's wrong with that?

Also you seem to be eating a lot of fruit, muffins, and other crap. Where's the protein? Protein keeps you satiated longer.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    take down a little fat with ur meals it will slow digestion and keep nitro levels up..

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Sounds liek the diet needs some work, but do drink the water like Swole said.....

harl is offline Associate Member
    Make your portions smaller....your stomach is stretched out. Once you shrink your gut it will take less to get your fill.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    Also you seem to be eating a lot of fruit, muffins, and other crap. Where's the protein? Protein keeps you satiated longer.

Good call, now that I mull it over, it is rather sh*tty.

~SC~

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    I help where I can.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    I have found when you eat crap you are always more hungry and usually end up eating more crap
    Sort out your diet like everyone suggests

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    And try some caffeine pills

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    ephed works good

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    I have found when you eat crap you are always more hungry and usually end up eating more crap
    Sort out your diet like everyone suggests
    My dinner is always high is protein. chicken, steak, beef, i always make sure to have a good dinner. at lunch it is usually a turkey sandwich with tomatoes, lettuce, and fat free dressing.

what is wrong with eating fruit? i hear so many people bashing it herre.

N00b is offline Banned
    I'm not a pro like others... but whenever I feel real hungry even after i ate a meal and its not time to eat again... I drink a can of diet coke. It fills me right up. I still of course consume water. I usually only drink diet coke maybe once a day, if that.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    fruit is just sugar.. regardless if it is a pentose sugar its still sugar.. and i will leave the rest up to you

^^i donr know what that means?

Anyone else, at about 2 am last night, right before I went to bed I had to down two nectarines and some left over chicken.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    -first of all ur diet sucks(no offense just stating a fact)
    -2nd why didnt u post ur exact diet ,training , etc........
    -3 what r ur goals stay where u r ?cut, bulk , ????
    peace

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMethodX
    -first of all ur diet sucks(no offense just stating a fact)
    -2nd why didnt u post ur exact diet ,training , etc........
    -3 what r ur goals stay where u r ?cut, bulk , ????
    peace
    i dont eat the same thing every day. i get tired of one thing after a couple of weeks. same with training. i switch up training routine and days every month.

this is roughly my day.

6:30 am-get up, have some eggs for breakfast, go to work
    10-11 am-i get hungry and cannot wait till regular lunch time, so i usually buy a turkey sandwich or chicken salad. i will bring my own.
    12:30 pm-i will go down to the cafeteria and buy the healthiest thing there(usually a sandwich)
    3:45 pm -i get hungry again, and by the time i get home i have to eat, so i eat whatever i can in the fridge(usually left overs from last nights dinner, fruit, sandwiches)
    4-5:30 pm-workout
    6-eat dinner then have a shake. we always eat a good dinner. chicken, steak, lean beef.
    8:30-9 pm-have a salad, fruit, left overs
    11 pm-right before sleep i get hungry and this is where i get ****ed up. i go and have what i can, but i need a lot more than usual. almost like another meal.

bvanderwerff is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by se11
    i dont eat the same thing every day. i get tired of one thing after a couple of weeks. same with training. i switch up training routine and days every month.

this is roughly my day.

6:30 am-get up, have some eggs for breakfast, go to work
    10-11 am-i get hungry and cannot wait till regular lunch time, so i usually buy a turkey sandwich or chicken salad. i will bring my own.
    12:30 pm-i will go down to the cafeteria and buy the healthiest thing there(usually a sandwich)
    3:45 pm -i get hungry again, and by the time i get home i have to eat, so i eat whatever i can in the fridge(usually left overs from last nights dinner, fruit, sandwiches)
    4-5:30 pm-workout
    6-eat dinner then have a shake. we always eat a good dinner. chicken, steak, lean beef.
    8:30-9 pm-have a salad, fruit, left overs
    11 pm-right before sleep i get hungry and this is where i get ****ed up. i go and have what i can, but i need a lot more than usual. almost like another meal.

might I add, this diet is C'est HORRIBLE!!!

man, read up on your dieting tips.... where's the protein??????? I see 110 grams of it TOPS in your daily meal.... I usually take in 300 g +!

you eat far too little in the morning; this should be your LARGEST meal!!! try 250 mL of egg whites, oatmeal and skim milk....

I dunno man... you need some major help with this one!

a DIET INTERVENTION!!!! LOL

Glutamine77 is offline Junior Member
    First of all it's normal that exercise leads to a bigger appetite, do some research on the site, it seems like you don't know much about nutrition, when you say you get to the cafeteria and you try to pick the healthiest thing there or get home and raid the fridge everyday, you aren't giving much consideration to good eating habits, I am late everyday to my afternoon class so I can eat a large protein rich meal back home at lunchtime (if you try eating 6-7 meal with 30-35g. of protein each time all day you might not be that hungry afterall!) I could eat the white bread-buttered-salami shandwiches that they offer at my school cafeteria but I choose not too..bring a lunch or something and plan your meals better. You say you eat eggs for breakfest but how many?? a large egg contains 6 g. of protein and 4 if you take away the fatty yolk.. that means for a decent meal you need at least 8.. + some carbs to start off the day depending on your goals may be a couple slices of whole wheat toast or a bowl of oatmeal.. now think about eating that much everytime you think about a meal for starters, learn about good and healthy foods and nutrition first before asking these kinds of questions, then when you know more, you'll be able to ask some better questions than this one.. good luck

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    1st of all decide what ur goals r?
    read the apropriate sticky depending on ur goals
    then post ur diet
    peace

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by se11
    hey. this weekend i had pretty much a cheat weekend. going to bbqs, staying up till 4 AM eating crap, it was a real bad weekend. anyway that really isn't the problem.

my problem is, i am hungry a lot more then i use to. i wake up have breakfast around 7, go to work, i get hungry around 10. get a quick thing to eat, then i go to lunch at 12:15. at around 4 i get hungry and workout. i eat dinner around 5-6. then around 8-9 i have some fruit or left over dinner. then around 11 i get hungry again.

most times when i get hungry i can have something good, fill me up, and go to bed. but other times, i will have like 3 pieces of fruit and still not be filled up. last night i was so hungry, i could not sleep. i got up, ate 2 nectarenes. i still wasn't full, so i had two muffins someone left in a bag. i still wasn't full, so i had to go and eat another whole bag of muffins. after this it was good enough to get me to sleep. in the morning i woke up starving again. yesterday i ate dinner around 7-8 and had some fruit around 9:30.

what is up with this?! i am far from fat or overweight, this weekend i didn't do cardio or workout once because of the weekend, but i usually do it every day. i seem to be very hungry a lot more then i use to. i just did a small arm and good cardio workout, and had to have a big turkey sandwich because i was so hungry. now, about 20 mins after the sandwich, i can probably down another one. can anyone tell me whats going on and what i should do when i begin starving late at night or after a big meal?
    When you eat fruit your blood sugar level increase leading to more hunger. Carbs have this effect, which is the argument used in favor of low carb or Atkins type diets. Some board members with whom I have spoken limit carbs to morning and post workout. You might want to try this and see if it helps. Also, you probably should not be eating until you are full (unless you are bulking) and rather you should be eating until you are no longer hungery.

Is that food for thought?
    Last edited by beenie; 06-07-2005 at 05:48 PM.

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    beenie your still here, hey you have been here a long long time remember talking to you back in 2001 about the low carb diet.

Are you still doing it??? you add lost some amazing weight going low carb, man i cant seem to start low carbing again i get so dizzy and foggy when i hit ketosis???

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    Has for protein i find it really hard for a natural bodybuilder to ingest more then 30-35g every 2 hours.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick32
    beenie your still here, hey you have been here a long long time remember talking to you back in 2001 about the low carb diet.

Are you still doing it??? you add lost some amazing weight going low carb, man i cant seem to start low carbing again i get so dizzy and foggy when i hit ketosis???
    Yannick,

Yes I remember that, and yes I am still around. The dizzy feeling goes away about a week into ketosis. I don't do no-carb as I used to, but right now I have a modified carb diet - sort of my own invention based on input from people on this board. I added lots of lettuce to my diet and some nuts. I like eating raw almonds a lot. Basically I eat lots of protien throughout the day as before, but I have added dextrose (100g carb!) to my post workout drink.

I was so scared when I started with the dextrose thing that I would blow up like a baloon, and become the guy I once was. To the contrary, I have added a nice bit of size as a result, and I think that my strength might be increasing. The size difference is noticable, as people in the gym have started commenting - so it feels great. Right now, probably in the best shape of my life, or close to it. Fat % is about 9 or 10%, which I would lke to get down. Last summer I got it lower, was looking really ripped, but when I cut this time I will have an even better base to work with.
    Last edited by beenie; 06-08-2005 at 09:28 AM.

Thread Information