Thread: Need Advice!

Sneakyp is offline New Member

I'm a newbie HELP ME OUT

what up guys. I'm 22, 5-11 185 pounds. I'm out of shape and sick of my body. I want to drop about 20 pounds, get a six pack, tone up and feel better about myself to get the girl. Can you guys recommend a good workout routine, eating habits, fat burners? what u guys think of john basedow vids? I'm pretty busy with school so i was hoping for somekind of workout routine I could do at my house. Thanks
    Last edited by Sneakyp; 06-08-2005 at 04:32 PM.

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakyp
    what up guys. I'm 22, 5-11 185 pounds. I'm out of shape and sick of my body. I want to drop about 20 pounds, get a six pack, tone up and feel better about myself to get the girl. Can you guys recommend a good workout routine, eating habits, fat burners? what u guys think of john basedow vids? I'm pretty busy with school so i was hoping for somekind of workout routine I could do at my house. Thanks
    read this....

UNoffical "How to Cut" thread and sample diet...

Oh yeah ....and dont mix carbs with fats!!!

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Read the stickies bro. Stick to a high protein diet and stick with carbs at breakfast and PWO. Take in some good fats like flaxseed oil, almonds, natural peanut butter, etc but as buff said, never consume your fats with carbs, just your protein. Get your protein from sources like chicken, turkey, lean beef, tuna, etc and not all from protein shakes. Consume only good carbs like oats, brown rice, whole wheat bread, yams, etc. Green veggies are great to be used with meals IMO, like green beans, brocolli.
    To burn fat perform cardio about 5 times a week, for about 45 mins at 60-75% of your MHR. Drink plenty of water every day.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    You might want to start by joining a gym. Then you might try going for a while. Lots of people "want" to look better, but most do nothing about it. This is evidenced by the huge influx of members to gyms every January. By mid-February they are all gone, leaving the rest of us there, looking much better than the drop outs.

I hope that this inspires you. Let me know when you sign up.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie[B
    ]You might want to start by joining a gym. Then you might try going for a while.[/B] Lots of people "want" to look better, but most do nothing about it. This is evidenced by the huge influx of members to gyms every January. By mid-February they are all gone, leaving the rest of us there, looking much better than the drop outs.

couldn’t of said it better myself…

niXon)( is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    You might want to start by joining a gym. Then you might try going for a while. Lots of people "want" to look better, but most do nothing about it. This is evidenced by the huge influx of members to gyms every January. By mid-February they are all gone, leaving the rest of us there, looking much better than the drop outs.

I love when they stop going

N00b is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie

Ouch! lol

And don't forget the ones that join before the summer and leave....

thanks a lot guys. what u think of riding a bike up and down the beach as cardio? also what u think of john basedow vids.

thanks a lot guys. what u think of riding a bike up and down the beach as cardio? also what u think of john basedow vids.
    Any cardio you do will help. The point is to elevate your heart rate to 65-75% of your target heart rate and keep your hear going at that rate for 45 minutes. Any way you do this is fine - bike on the beach, running, jogging, skipping rope, having sex, as long as you are keeping your heart rate at that level and keep going 45 minutes you will be on track.

Since you are trying to cut, you should be doing this EVERY day.

I am not familiar with the videos to which you refer. I still think that you will have more success by going to a gym than you will watching a video. Its just been my experience that football players tend to be in better shape than thier spectators, i.e., active partiicapation is a better way to learn.

Have you started doing anything yet, or are you sill in the discussion phase?

i havent done anything yet im trying to get a good plan

i havent done anything yet im trying to get a good plan
    I see.

raytnorman is offline New Member
    ^^^lol^^^

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    also what u think of john basedow vids.
    You asked this twice so I can see that you are doing so to get a rise out of people.

I won't bite.

~SC~

Thread Information