N00b is offline Banned

Protien Bars (Tri-O-Plex specifically) cant be all that bad? Can they?

I know this has been posted before, but I would like to incorporate a bar every other day in my diet, just so I don't lose interest in eating so strict. Plus how can the bars be all that bad? I read Jay Cutler has had some.

And more importantly (to me because his physique in that movie is my ultimate goal), Ryan Reynolds (the guy in Blade Trinity) said that he had 1, sometimes 2 a day (each as seperate snack) and the guy went from 12% BF to 4% BF, so how could it be that bad? I personally would like to know, so I can make an informed decision.

Here's a sample ingredient list from the Chocolate Coconut Tri-O-Plex bars:

CJ Protein Blend (Soy Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Fruit Blend (Fruit Juice, Natural Grain Dextrin), Glucose Syrup, Whole Grain Rolled Oats, Water, Canola Oil, Shredded Coconut, Cocoa Processed, With Alkali, Oat Flour, Vegetable Glycerine, Natural Flavors. Contains 2% or less of the following- Lecithin, Monoglycerides, Salt, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Potassium Benzoate, Sucralose.

Total Calories 430
    Calories From Fat 130
    Total Fat 15 g 23%
    Saturated Fat 4 g 20%
    Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
    Sodium 102 mg 4%
    Potassium 170 mg 5%
    Total Carbohydrates 45 g 15%
    Dietary Fiber 4 g 16%
    Sugars 16 g
    Protein 30 g

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    well, all the protein bars I've personally ever tasted I spit out. Some of the nastiest things I have ever tasted in my life. everybodies different though, just because one person likes protein bars doesn't mean they are good. But then again, maybe you'll be the 'lucky' guy who can stand them. I wouldn't buy a whole box of them. Buy 1 or 2 and eat them, if you like or can stand them, then buy in bulk.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    well i gotta say they sell like hot cakes at the gym but so do the Lean body bars which arnt bad tasting i know a few guys that compete and they eat em evrynow and then but i also know a few that dont...me personally i dont eat any of that stuff just meat the real deal if i need a quick fix i'll grab a shake

Thread Information