Jet
    Jet is offline Junior Member

Trying to bulk... in Iraq. Need some advice please

I've been a hard gainer for as long as I can remember, any muscle I do put on usually wont show as much as it would on most people. I'm 6'1ish 194 lbs and look about 175-180. Anyways my main goal out here is to bulk but my BIGGEST obstical is being able to eat when I want to, here's my scheduel and you'll see why it's hard to eat.
    I need help on what to get sent to me for bulking that I can actually take with me to guards and stuff, keep in mind it gets over 125* in the shade sometimes and I don't have the means to cook anything in a microwave while on week 1.
    Thanks for all the help.

Week 1 aka JCC Week.
    Duties: Guarding.
    I sit out in the heat for 8 hrs on and 8 hrs off for 1 week. Sleep scheduel gets ****ed and it's hard to get to the gym without being overly lethargic and burnt out.

Week 2 aka Amber week.
    Which used to compose of guarding the fob for 8 hrs 4 days a week now we've been relieved of guard and as of now have nothing to do but cover down on Red while in amber week. Decent scheduel I get most of my working out and eating done this week.

Week 3 aka Red week.
    Missions and maitence. Never know whats gonna happen, we get called out at all differnt hours and do missions. This is my favorite week when we dont have to do maitence, alot of the times we will have to pull maitence the whole week while doing missions. I also get alot of working out done this week.

Routine repetes.

my eating habbits.
    Week 1: Example; Monday I'll pull guard from 6am-3pm (No chow) than I'm off from 3pm-11pm and in that time I'll eat in my room or at the chow hall if I'm desperate. at 11pm I pull guard from 11pm-6am and get chow at about 12am at 6am I'll be to damn tired to do anything so I sleep till 3 and pull guard from 3pm-11pm recieving dinner chow at about 5

Week 2 and 3 I'll try to make food in my room, living off of instant oatmeal and those easy open cans of ravioli, and on occasion rice when I get it.

I'm hurting. right now im on jcc week I've eaten once today. It's not uncommon to see even the smallest person lose 5 lbs during this week alone, heat + starvation sucks but hey that's the army for ya.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Damn dude that's tough! Did you check out the bulking sticky? Anyways just wanted to say thanks for all you guys are doing over there! Keep up the good work!

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    ya check out the bulking sticky at the top of this forum, and my hats off to ya!

GQSuperman is offline Banned

damn

i hear ya. my bro is heading over for 12 months in july. he's looking to drop weight though, so, he will probrably appreciate the difficulty in eating. although, he is a captain, so he may not have the same problems.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    it'll probably be hard or impossible from the sounds of to get the recommended amount of macro nutrients, but here's my advice, anything you see that you're able to eat then stuff your face with it.

or post what is readily availiable to you!

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    No easy answer here bro. There isn't a whole lot you can do b/c of your schedule. Just try to eat the best you can when you can. Good luck!

Jet
    Jet is offline Junior Member
    Mostly i'm just trying to think of good snack foods to get sent to me. There isn't a whole lot readily available here to snack on, the chow hall has some nut packages which I snag quite often but other than that there are no snacks.
    I've been here for 6 months and have gained a few noticable lbs. Maybe a total of 6 lbs so far which isn't too bad.
    I've sort of turned my work routine into a workout scheduel, 2 weeks of bulking and one week one cutting. Makes me feel better about myself, lol.

Most CO's don't do much work, no offense but they tend to have it alot more laid back than the rest of us. My co doesn't have 1 uniform with a stain on it from oil or sweat, my tops are white from sweat and my pants are black from dirt and oil, than there's one set covered in blood that just wont wash out. Guess I'll have to visit the martha stewart form for that .

I forgot to mention that I've just started to take Creatine, it can be pretty dangerous out here but I'm keeping my water intake high, APROX 2 liters and hr when in the heat and 1 liter while out of it. I'm pissing like a race horse too but still can't manage to get it crystal clear (which I think is good).

Thanks for all the help and comments.

Thread Information