Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Introducing a new tool in the bb arsenal plz read and comment

Heempseeds!!

I just began reading about this and it struck me as very interesting. The downside is that most of the info is on pothead sites so maby the info isnt reliable in all the cases but this seems good.

Check out the part in bold that I have underlined. That is was struck me as most interesting. If it also can increase a healthy, normal nutrition uptake then it would be a priceless adition.

Does anyone know anything about this? I know hempseed products can be bought in sweden but is it illegal in the states?

http://www.digitalhemp.com/eecdrom/H...8/ECH08_01.HTM

Of the 3 million plus edible plants that grow on earth, no other single plant source can compare with the nutritional value of hempseeds. Both the complete protein and the essential oil contained in hempseeds are in ideal ratios for human nutrition.
    Only soybeans contain a higher percentage of protein. However, the composition of the protein in hempseed is unique in the vegetable kingdom. Sixty-five percent of the protein content in hempseed is in the form of globulin edestin.1 (The word edestin comes from the Greek “edestos,” meaning edible.)

1. Walker, David W., Ph.D., “Can Hemp Save Our Planet?”, citing St. Angelo, A.J., E.J. Conkerton, J.M. Dechary, and A.M. Altschul, 1966, Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 121, pp. 181; St. Angelo, A., L.y. Yatsu. and A.M. Altschul. 1968, Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 124, pp. 199-205; Stockwell, D.M., J.M. Dechary, and A.M. Altschul, 1964, Biochimica Biophysica Acta, vol. 82 pp. 221.

The exceptionally high edestin content of hempseed combined with albumin, another globular protein contained in all seeds, means the readily available protein in hempseed contains all the essential amino acids in ideal proportions to assure your body has the necessary building blocks to create proteins like disease fighting immunoglobulins—antibodies whose job is to ward off infections before the symptom of sickness set in.2

2. Morroson, R.T., Organic Chemistry, 1960; Kimber, Gray, Stackpole, Textbook of Anatomy and Physiology, 1943.

Cannabis seed protein even allows a body with nutrition-blocking tuberculosis, or almost any other nutrition-blocking ailment, to get maximum nourishment.*

*Cohen & Stillman, Therapeutic Potential of Marijuana, Plenum Press, NY, 1976; Czech. Tubercular Nutritional Study, 1955.
    Even more important to building a strong immune system, hempseeds are the highest source in the plant kingdom of essential fatty acids. These essential oils, linoleic and linolenic acids, are responsible for the luster in your skin, hair, eyes, and even your thought processes. They lubricate (clear) the arteries and are vital to the immune system.

These essential fatty acids were used by Dr. Joanna Budwig (nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize every year since 1979) to successfully treat “terminal” cancer patients, as well as those suffering from cardiovascular disease, glandular atrophy, gall stones, kidney degeneration, acne, dry skin, menstrual problems, and immune deficiency.

This, as well as other research, prompted William Eidleman, M.D., UCLA, and R. Lee Hamilton, Ed.D., Ph.D., Medical Researcher-Biochemist UCLA Emeritus, to speak out on behalf of “the life-giving values” of cannabis hemp. They state:

“These essential oils support the immune system and guard against viral and other insults to the immune system. Studies are in progress using the essential oils to support the immune systems of people with the H.I.V. virus. So far they have been extremely promising.

“What is the richest source of these essential oils? Yes, you guessed it, the seeds of the cannabis hemp plant. … The insane prohibitions against the most valuable plant on Earth, cannabis hemp, must yield to public demand. … The promise of super health and the possibility of feeding the world is at our fingertips.” (December 29, 1991, and July 1997)

Hempseed extracts, like soybean, can be spiced to taste like chicken, steak, or pork and can be used to make tofu-type curd and margarine, at less cost than soybeans. Sprouting any seed improves its nutritional value and hemp can be sprouted and used like any other seed sprout for salads or cooking.

Sprouted hempseeds make milk, just as soybeans do. Alan “Birdseed” Brady of Santa Cruz, California, and Abba Das of Colorado use this milk to make a delicious and nutritious ice cream in many flavors that actually lowers cholesterol levels.

Hempseed is ground and used like flour, or cooked, then sweetened and combined with milk to produce a nutritional breakfast cereal—like oatmeal or cream of wheat. This type of porridge is known as a gruel. (Like the fiber, hempseeds will not get you high.)

“Hemp is a favorite [bird seed] because of its nourishing oily content.” (Margaret McKenny, Birds in the Garden, Reynal & Hitchcock, NY, 1939.) Incredibly, when cannabis hemp is grown for seed, half the weight of the mature, harvested female plant is seed!

English and European fishermen who cast in fresh-water lakes and rivers told me since 1995 that hempseed has always been the preferred bait in Europe for chumming—that is, casting the hempseeds on the water—causing the fish to scramble from all over to get the seeds, thereby getting caught. Not one of the European fishermen I talked to knew that hemp (hanf) seeds and marijuana were one in the same. So hempseed is the favorite of fish as well as most birds.

The byproduct of pressing hempseed for its nutritious vegetable oil is a high protein seed cake. Hempseed cake was one of the world’s principle animal feeds until this century.* Hempseed can supply a nearly complete diet for all domesticated animal (dogs, cats), many farm animals, and poultry, and allows animals maximum weight gain for less than current feed costs. And without any need for artificial growth steroids or other drugs currently poisoning the human race and food chain.

*U.S. Agricultural Index; Frazier, Jack, The Marijuana Farmers, Solar Age Press, New Orleans, LA, 1972; Fats That Heal, Fats That Kill, Udo, Erasmus, 1996.

Isn’t it strange—doesn’t it make you mad as hell—that the number-one food of all time for most birds, fish, horses, humans, and life in general, is illegal to have naturally and healthfully in the United States of America, as ordered by the Nazi/Gestapo-like Amerikan Drug Enforcement Administration and, through them, the USDA?

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    i read many times (dont remember where) that hemp oil was actually very beneficial for bodybuilders dunno y tho

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Heempseeds!!

I just began reading about this and it struck me as very interesting. The downside is that most of the info is on pothead sites so maby the info isnt reliable in all the cases but this seems good.

Check out the part in bold that I have underlined. That is was struck me as most interesting. If it also can increase a healthy, normal nutrition uptake then it would be a priceless adition.

Does anyone know anything about this? I know hempseed products can be bought in sweden but is it illegal in the states?

http://www.digitalhemp.com/eecdrom/H...8/ECH08_01.HTM
    Very interesting! There is "hemp" in my tanning lotion

lol I wonder if that lotion tastes good...

ohh btw before someone starts cracking pot jokes. Plz dont keep this serious

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds really interesting. How affordable are effective quantities? What type of flavor do they have? I wonder what could be made from them? e.g. milks, breads, puddings, etc...

I have even seen hemp protein powder lol but its expensive as hell. I dont know the us prices though. At a swedish site Im checking now I se
    Hemp protein powder, butter, milk, seeds with and without shells. 230grams for 9 bucks so the seeds are afordable, the oil is 10 bucks for 100ml so a bit pricy.

here is the fatty acid profile of hemps seeds

Fatty Acids
    Alpha Linolenic- 16-20%
    Gamma Linolenic- 4-5%
    Oleic- 11-14%
    Linoleic- 50-60%
    Palmitic- 6-7%
    Stearic- 1-2%

as far as I understand everything you can make out of soy you can also make out of hemp. Not sure if hemp shares the downsides of soy(phytoestrogens and phyticacid)

Just found the cheapest way of buying hempseeds. The seeds you give to birds in the winter(I guess more upp north in the states and canada)most of them contains hempseeds and many are hempseeds alone. I guess any animal store would have it if asking there and Im sure its very inexpensive. Just need to find out if its geneticly modified or not.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    I have even seen hemp protein powder lol but its expensive as hell. I dont know the us prices though. At a swedish site Im checking now I se
    Hemp protein powder, butter, milk, seeds with and without shells. 230grams for 9 bucks so the seeds are afordable, the oil is 10 bucks for 100ml so a bit pricy.

here is the fatty acid profile of hemps seeds

Fatty Acids
    Alpha Linolenic- 16-20%
    Gamma Linolenic- 4-5%
    Oleic- 11-14%
    Linoleic- 50-60%
    Palmitic- 6-7%
    Stearic- 1-2%
    Hemp protein powder?! Where do they sell that? Only in the US am guessing?

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Just found the cheapest way of buying hempseeds. The seeds you give to birds in the winter(I guess more upp north in the states and canada)most of them contains hempseeds and many are hempseeds alone. I guess any animal store would have it if asking there and Im sure its very inexpensive. Just need to find out if its geneticly modified or not.
    Aren't those seeds mixed with other seeds though? And are they fresh or dried? (Does it matter?)

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    Hemp protein powder?! Where do they sell that? Only in the US am guessing?
    Acctualy(and suprisingly) its a swedish hemp company that seels it. Its disgustingly expensive(18bucks for a pound)so I wonder if anyone is stupid enough to buy it

Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    Aren't those seeds mixed with other seeds though? And are they fresh or dried? (Does it matter?)
    I think there are bird feeds that are only hemp seeds. I dont know about the dried part Im gonna have to look it upp. Not sure if it would make a difference depends on if the content gets exposed to air alot in that case the good fats could get ruined.

musclegirl is offline New Member
    I've started replacing some of my flax seed oil portions with hemp oil for my current contest prep diet. Tastes ok - just as good as flax (yeuck) but it looks like seaweed or some kind of green bacterial thing.
    There is a company in Ohio in the States that makes it also - actually I found it in my local health food store. Since it's summer and there is no way it would keep in this weather during transport.

Is it legal to write the name of the company here?
    Vacuum Processed Hemp Seed Oil, (The Purest Hemp Oil on the Market Today)
    8.5 fl. oz./250 mL $20.00 Ohio Hempery, Inc. 14 North Court St. #328 Athens, Ohio 45701,
    Phone: 800-BUY-HEMP or 614-593-5826, Fax: 614-594-6446

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Can I just smoke Herb instead??? If that's the case I might be going pro real soon!

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    I actually have a bottle of organic hemp protein powder that my cousin sent me sitting here haha maybe ill use it i wasnt planning on it

bignatt never waste free protein lol let us know how it tastes

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    so i tried the hemp protein and its a little odd but nothing to bad

Thread Information