icewind is offline Associate Member

weights vs cardio

Was talking to one of my friends who's been in bodybuilding for over 10 years. We were talking about cardio and weights in regards to fat loss.

He was telling me that cardio is not that important when it comes to droping bodyfat.

I always knew that cardio actually burns more fat than weightlifting.

What do you guys think ???

cdogge is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by icewind
    Was talking to one of my friends who's been in bodybuilding for over 10 years. We were talking about cardio and weights in regards to fat loss.

He was telling me that cardio is not that important when it comes to droping bodyfat.

I always knew that cardio actually burns more fat than weightlifting.

What do you guys think ???
    tell your friend he is an idiot...cardio is key to fat loss...along with diet of course

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    diet, cardio, and weights is the key to our lifestyles, whenther bulking or cutting... but diet is the MOST important.

bigdogc is offline Associate Member
    im actually doing research on loosing body fat for a class. one of the remarkable things about intense weight lifting is the EPOC (after burn effect). when you are doing intense workouts on weights your metabolism actually increases for a peroid after the workout session is done. this also happens with cardio, but cardio at 65%MHR has a very small EPOC compared to weight lifting. anyway, i dont know how you can incorporate this since you dont wana workout too hard and overtrain, but hopefully this helps.

Thread Information