Venum is offline Member

fruits/veggies and cutting

I couldnt help but notice alot of guys throw fruit into their breakfast meal while

cutting. Is it beneficial to the body to eat some fruit while trying to cut? I was

considering having a banana with my whey/oats shake in the morning for break-

fast, and then another banana in my PWO shake..Is this ok? Also,

whats the deal with veggies? I eat a couple salads a day with romaine lettuce,

red onion, tomatos, cucumber, brocolli. How much veggies should a person

cutting eat? Does it matter? Alot of my meals are just lean meat/oats, or lean

meat/fat..........basically, do I need fruit and veggies when cutting? If it helps

I will eat those bananas because I just love them so much!

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    3-5 servings of green veggies recommended, I think if you eat a lot of red meat then maybe more depending. Definately want to get your green veggies in.

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    absolutely green veggies while cutting. they'll help keep you full. as far as fruit, it's more of a personal preference-basically if it works for you or not. i completely cut out fruit while cutting, but some people use it pwo and/or in the morning. just experiment.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    fruits and veggies are always benifical But dont overeat on fruits since they are pretty carb dense compared to veggies. But defenetly make room for a few servings of fruit and veggies each day, your health will thank you for it.

Banana post workout is perfect

Venum is offline Member
    I will definatly throw a banana in my pwo shake today with my oats and whey. If I eat alot of romaine lettuce salds with the veggies in it that I listed above does that count as the 3-5 servings? Or is a serving like one big plate of brocolli or something?

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I have no clue what is considered a serving

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    1/2 cup of green veggies (beans, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus etc). or 1 cup of leafy veggies (lettuce, kale, raw spinach, escarole etc). = 1 serving I usually have 2 pieces of fruit per day and eat 4 cups of veggies each day. Keeps the belly full, the pooper poopin and all my vitamins and minerals at or near 100%. Remember looking great means nothing when your dead, so keep those fruits and veggies in.

If you find that you cannot tolerate the carbs in fruits then try berries as they are lower in sugar. If you really can't take fruit, then you probably can just eat a ton of veggies for your nutrients. I wouldn't really ever cut out both for extended periods of time.

Venum is offline Member
    I get fat easily so when I am cutting I cut as much sugar out as possible..But you are right health is important too, so I will pick up some berries for my morning oats.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    hell, i ate brocolli to my hearts content during my cut. kept me from freaking out when i would get hungry

Venum is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    hell, i ate brocolli to my hearts content during my cut. kept me from freaking out when i would get hungry
    I upped my brocolli intake today and now I regret it! killer gas

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    forgot about the farts. i got us out of work early once after dropping a bomb in the debrief room.

Thread Information