amstaf is offline Associate Member

Smile how much protien to gain

i take a gnc brand of protien i have 40 grams for breakfast w/ a peanut butter and jelly sandwich then i have another 40 pwo then i have a crappy dinner usually a sub from one of the local sub shops do i still need to eat more

nobody knows thanx folks

Cmore is offline Associate Member
    Most places/people advise at a minimum 1 gram per pound of body weight. For a normal, active adult. For those who are more than normally active and are trying to build strength/size, like most everyone here, 1.5-2 grams per pound is recommended. Some take even more.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quote Originally Posted by amstaf
    i take a gnc brand of protien i have 40 grams for breakfast w/ a peanut butter and jelly sandwich then i have another 40 pwo then i have a crappy dinner usually a sub from one of the local sub shops do i still need to eat more
    You having a laugh bro?! I think you need to sort your diet out. You should be having a minimum 1.5g of protein per lb of bodyweight. Read the bulking sticky at the top of the page for help.

i have an awfull diet though i usually do get 200 gms protien but alot from milk what else should i be eating you can customize my diet if youd like im glad to try new things whatever works im 6" about 190 lbs jog mon and fri for 30min tues chest tris wed legs abs thurs back and bis

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Getting 200grams of protein from milk alone is a bad idea. In fact, i dont have any milk what so ever as its full of sugar and gives you a soft look IMO. Get your protein from whole food souces like chicken, turkey, steaks, lean beef, salmon, egg whites. Eat plenty of green veg like green beans, brocolli, etc. For good carb sources look towards oats, brown rice, sweet potatoes and yams. Consume good fats like flax oil, almonds, natrual peanut butter, etc... but Never mix your carbs with fat. Read the stickies at the top of the page bro. They will really help.

simonella is offline Associate Member
    It is called "RESEARCH"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by simonella
    It is called "RESEARCH"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this statement is correct without all the FLAMING.... but yes, you should probably spend some time here, read a thing or two, lay back and enjoy yourself... Stay here long enough and I guarentee you, you will see results in your everyday training and eating. Good luck

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    Flamming someone that is asking for advise is a bit dumb, and sometimes people dont have a clue to where to start searching.

Sorry no flame intended.

Now for the protein question you will have to see what works for you, i am 210 pounds and if i eat more then 180g a day i gain fat.

Growing phase is the most fun cause you get to eat a lot LOL good luck.

With all the protein powder today and the rest its quit easy to get all your requirments.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    i think you should read and research more and hit us back when you have a decent base diet and workout routine for us to critique, read the sticky's at the top of the diet forum and workout forum

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by amstaf
    nobody knows thanx folks
    May want to exercise some degree of patience.

~SC~

ill take your advice and come back thanx sometimes alittle flameing is what people need my feelings dont get hurt that easy thanx again

Thread Information