xenithon is offline Member

Talking Finally - Can you please critique the diet

Hiya all,

I decided to hold on before posting this, and asked a whole bunch of questions first, to get the diet tweaked as much as possible, and then ask for critiques.

(I know from reading tons of threads that its best to give EVERY DETAIL upfront, so I hope the tons of writing doesn't scare you away )

I am now 20 years old, 1.8m tall, about 175lbs, looking to maintain muscle and gain (even if slowly) lean body mass, whilst cutting bf, to get some good cuts (especially abs ). Just for background history - I was very fat till about age 16 (90kg!), lost 20kg, and slowly built up from there.

So, here goes:

Well, here is a typical day's diet:

8AM
    8 eggwhites
    45g oats or 2 Branbix (http://www.bokomofoods.co.za/bix_bran.htm)
    5g flax oil
    TOTAL = 35g protein, 25g carbs, 10g fat

11AM
    150g Tuna
    220g butternut (type of squash)
    TOTAL = 40g protein, 25g carbs, 5g fat

12:30AM
    Train

2PM
    Postworkout meal: 55g whey powder, 25g Maltodextrin

3PM
    2 Chicken Breasts (weighed to about 160-170g)
    45g oats or 2 Branbix

6PM
    200g Salmon Steak
    300-400g mixed fibrous vegetables (for example brocolli, cauliflower, gemsquash, patty-pans, carrots, green beans etc.)
    TOTAL = 40g protein, 25g carbs, 10g fat

9PM
    150g Chicken breast
    TOTAL = 35g protein

11PM
    Just before bed: 45g blended protein powder, 5g flax oil
    TOTAL = 35g protein, 5g fat

TOTAL FOR DAY: 265g protein, 125g carbs, 40g fat. About 4-5l of water drunk per day.

As you can see, I normally have about 7 meals. All have protein and carbs except the last 2 meals which are only protein. Also, My carbs go from complex starches like branbix and oats in the morning, to fibrous vegetables later in the day.

SUPPLEMENTS:
    Glutamine: 5g postworkout, 5g before bed
    Multivitamins: Centrum x 1, Berocca Calmag x 1 (B-Complex), 500mg Vitamin C x 3, 400iu Vitamin E x 2
    ECA: (Haven't started any yet). I would use an ECA stack, twice daily, upon waking up and just before a workout. I normally cycle the ECA stack 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. I am trying to get some clenbuterol and start cycling clen and ECA 2 weeks/2 weeks.

Any suggestions would be helpful - types of food, ratios, added/redundant supplements, should I up my carbs if I start clenbuterol/ECA, etc. Any advide welcome.

I train 5 days weights - about 1hr - 1hr 15 each session, do cardio 3 days a week, 30 minutes a pop.

Well, that should be just about it I hope.

THANKS!

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    yep i like it too, plus good place to start, important to monitor on weeky and make adjustments as needed, but very good starting point.

hiya guys,

thanks for the info! any more comments/advice??

diesel - as mentioned I had started rather by asking many questions which I have done in the past 2 months or so, and I had been lowering my carbs gradually since then. Started at around 200g/day and slowly decreased it. I only started having about 125g carbs/day for about 2 weeks. I have lost about 7-9lbs so far, and definitely seen some leaning out (I also did some REAL cardio as compared to my pathetic 5 minutes post workout cycle haha ). I actually was at about 100g carbs/day and upped it to 125g about 2 weeks ago cause I can see some muscle loss too = not good, do you think I should up it even more? Any estimate as to how much more (I know its difficult to assess cause everyone is so very different).

cheers!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Yep increase the carbs and that way like the guys said you will have somewhere to drop from

Heya guys,

I do actually have a question. I have had no problems with low energy (probably cause of the calorie balance) and no hunger problems (fibrous veges take care of that ), but I would like to know if you guys think a carb up is necessary? Should I have a day of 2-300g carbs like once a month or anything like that, or only if I feel low on energy?

also, I sometimes, very rarely, but still sometimes get hungry in between meals. I just wanna know if I should count the veges I eat to fill me up toward daily carb intake. Its almost ALWAYS baby carrots, which are like 6g carb/100g. Or, can it be left off and counted as a free food?

Thanks!

sup guys - just want to bump about the carb up question - any input?

Adding Clen

Hiya Guys,

As mentioned, I plan on adding clen in order to maximise fat loss and prevent muscle loss. I will thus up carbs to 150-200g/day, should that be enough. Also, i did lotsa research on clen and found that most people believe that 2 DAYS on 2 off is best, better than 2 weeks on/off. If so, can I use it longer than the norm of around 16 weeks (thats what people said whouls be the max for 2 weeks on/off), or must I still keep it to 16 weeks max of 2 days on/off?

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    more carbs in your diet man, your not getting ready for the Mr. Olympia are ya. try doubling your carb intake.

gain (even if slowly) lean body mass, whilst cutting bf, to get some good cuts (especially abs ).
    Dr. D - 250-300g carbs whilst cutting/leaning out??

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    yeah that'll work, depending on body type

Thread Information