aspengc8 is offline Junior Member

Flax vs All natty PB

I know flax is probably a better all-around source of EFA, but dayam, All Natty pb with choc whey is hella good!! Is it ok to have this twice in a day instead of flax twice with shakes? Anyone else finding this taste so damn good in a shake!

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    That sure does sound good, whats the ratio of pb/whey?

I usually do 2 big tablespoons of PB and 2 big scoops of whey. Tastes like liquid resees' cup, with only 1 or 2 total G of carb.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    If you are concerned with getting you proper amount of EFA's in Natty Peanut butter alone won't do it. Natty Peanut Butter is high in Omega-6's but it doesn't have Omega-3's. Thats why people like to include Flax, which i believe has about a 2:1 ration of Omega-3 to Omega-6!

Thnx for the info Giantz. I've been taking my Tablespoon of flax in my last shake before bed. Ever since I've started adding fats in (from flax and natty pb), I started noticing my bodyfat is decreasing. The only carbs I take in, aside from green veggies, is a 1/2 cup oats in morning, and PWO shake dex.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Sounds good....But you are prolly gonna need more carbs PWO....You should have a PWO shake with dex and follow that with a PPWO meal with a carb like rice, yams, oats etc...In the same ratio as your PWO shake. You'll need to tweak your diet so that it fits your macro breakdown.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    I put natty pb in my chocolate whey shakes. Absolutely delicious. I throw in a banana too. That's the shiznit.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Quote Originally Posted by JdFlex
    I put natty pb in my chocolate whey shakes. Absolutely delicious. I throw in a banana too. That's the shiznit.
    I wouldn't mix my carbs and fats bro. Sounds nice though

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    My breakfast on the go somedays is this

2 scoops whey
    2 cups oats or 1 cup oats and 1 banana
    1 to 2 spoonfulls of natty pb
    4 to 6 ice cubes
    1 to 2 cups water

blend smooth mmmmmmmm....

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    dude im a huge fan of Natty Pb but you need to try and use Naturally More it is an All Natural Peanut butter with Flax seed oil and flax seeds in it it is the bomb they got a site.... www.Peanutsource.com

gotjuice? is offline Associate Member
    big tex...... i thought u werent supposed to mix carbs and fat?? in your shake you are using protein, carbs(banana, oats) and fat....whats your opinion???

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    yeah, same question...havent seen anyone else advocate all three in a meal, maybe if you're bulking or something, right? just curious...

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gotjuice?
    big tex...... i thought u werent supposed to mix carbs and fat?? in your shake you are using protein, carbs(banana, oats) and fat....whats your opinion???
    When bulking...sorry should of said that. I do normally always seprate them in ALL of my meals but for some reason I seem to be able to get away with it with my first meal of the day so I just go with it. Now if I'm trying to diet down or back when I'd be getting ready for a show I'd never even think of doing it.

Thread Information