caseylee is offline Junior Member

ok guys ... how to loose weight ?

well i have been thinking about this for the past couple of days, im trying to drop body fat, and keep as much lean mass as possable. well now i need some help, i have a couple of questions about how it all works. first correct me if im wrong but to loose body fat you must deplete your blood suger levels this is why running in the morning is good, cause you tap into the fat storage right from the beginning cause you have just had a 8 hour fast right. ok next if you do not run fist thing in the morn then you should run right after you workout because your workout will have depleted your blood suger levels and you would have otherwise been using that as your energy, also if you did it before you workout then this would probably lessin your restance training... right ? ok here s the deal, i work out at 8 am mon and wed i get up at 730 on these days so no time to run first, so on these days i will want to run right after my workout right? on tue. and thur s day i don't workout so it will be best if i run right after i wake up right ? on fri and sat i don't workout till later in the day round 11-12 so on these days will it still be best for me to run right after i wake up ?? and finally on sun i have off. now on each of my running sessions what would be the amount of time that would be best for me (to help me drop body fat)? and please correct me if i have said anything wrong (i might be way off so im not really sure)
    thanks guys

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I wouldn't run. It's too catabolic IMO. I'd walk at a steady pace, just enough so you are breaking a sweat and you are breathing a little heavy. Walk for 30-45 minutes. On the days you workout at 8 am, do cardio immediately following that(Make sure to have a glutamine, protein shake immediately after training, so bring it to the gym with you...have a 20-30g shake with glutamine, and when you get home, have 20-30 more g, with some simple sugars.). On off days, do cardio in the morning AFTER taking 5g of glutamine and a 20-30g protein shake, you need aminos in your system or risk muscle wasting. When you work out at 11-12, do it immediately after, becase if you wake up at 8 or so, than you only have a 2 hour break or so until you go lift, so your enery and glycogen levels will be low, and training could possibly suffer. I always do it postworkout, no freaking way I'm going to the gym twice a day. I mean, if it was across the street, that is another story. But a 20 minute ride in traffic both ways, twice a day, with classes, homework, social life, sleep, relaxing time...no sir. I sometimes just take my dog for a very brisk walk. He gets exercise, I get exercise, it's a win win situation.

Good luck

GREAT INFO PAPA

wow thanks for the post, so brisk walk mon., wed., fri, & sat right after i workout and then a couple of shake s, and tues & thurs brist walk (for 35-40 min) right when i get up before i have any food ?? i really just want to make sure i got all that (thanks for the ton of info), one last question how accurate is the target heart rate thing, i was looking at a chart just today and it said mine should be about 23 beat s in 10 seconds, is this something i should check out when i am walking ?

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I run every time I work out. I think its ok if you want to be lean. I dont think you want to run if you want to be big, because it really seems to cut size (at least in my experience).

The look I go for is skinny and defined. I accomlish that through weight lifting and high intensity cardio. The way I see it the faster I go the more calories I burn. I also keep my acrbs low.

The point of doing cardio the first think in the morning is based on a traditional diest with carbs. Because your body has processed what ever carbs you have eaten, you tend to burn fat ratehr than carbs if you do it that way. If you are on a low carb diet it doesn't make as much of a difference, because you never have carbs to burn. The whole issue of carbs and blood sugar levels are related.

Awesome info beenie. So there you go...if you want to be bigger...like bodybuilder big...do cardio for longer bouts at lower intensity, if you want lean and defined...like...hmmm...I hate to say it..but Brad Pitt in Fight Club???? Then run like a mofo.

About the shakes.

Take a 20-30g shake with gluta IMMEDIATELY after training, at the gym...BEFORE cardio starts. Should take all of 20 seconds to drink. On off days when all you do is cardio, have the same shake BEFORE you do your cardio, and the same shake when you get home...with maybe a little simple sugars. Then have a regular meal about an hour or so later.

Any other "?s" . You know where to ask.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Why do you do the protien shake before the cardio, Papa? I have always drink them afterward (for no particular reason). I also dring about 10 of them (2 soops each) throughout the day.

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    correct me if I'm wrong P- but I think he drinks them before cardio to shuttle amino's into his system in an attempt to prevent catabolism...or the breaking down of muscle tissue. At least that's why I do it.

SOLID

Sorry I lost this post. But that is dead on Solid. How the fug have u been my man?? Haven't seen you since last year. good to have ya back.

So, before cardio when done in mornings, after training before cardio on training days...and both days immdiately when you get home.

You'll be fine bro, now put this info to work .

and this is what i should do even when on a cut, it seems to me that i would be burning the protien instead of the fat that im trying to get rid off??

Thread Information