bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'

Lowering GI index of carbs

The Powerful Effects of Lemon Juice, Vinegar and Sourdough

Acidity of a food or meal tends to lower the GI factor of a meal. Adding as little as 20 milliliters of vinegar to a meal is shown to drop the GI factor of a meal tremendously. Lemon juice also appears just as powerful. Sourdough breads, in which lactic acid and propionic acid are produced by natural fermentation, also appear to have a GI lowering effect on a mixed meal.

Using foods high in acidity tends to pull the brake on stomach emptying and slowing the delivery of food to the small intestine. Slower digestion means a less dramatic rise in blood sugar, no energy slumps and steady insulin secretion. So keep adding that vinegar and lemon juice to your side salads and meals. It's doing more for you than simply adding flavor.

Do yall agree with this?

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    I've heard it before, but not seen any proof

4U2NV is offline Associate Member
    Interesting! Didn't know that. Where did you read or get that informatio?

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Just one of the random articles I have on my computer, I think it was originally posted by Blown SC

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes its true. I cant citate any cite or proof, its comong knoweledge and I have read some books and articles about gi and gi manipulation.
    Consuming acidic things with a meal lowers the gi. So does adding fibers(like seeds for instance).

With every meal I eat, doesnt matter if its bulking or cutting I consume a mix of flax,sesame and psyllium seeds and also a bit of vinegar or molkosan(a product that contains 10% lactic acid and does wonders for the bacterias in the digestive track).
    I aim to get 100grams of fibers daily just like our ancestors did.
    Fat and protein also lowers gi of a carb source. That is why some people think the pwo carbs should be consumed alone 15 minutes before the protein shake.

The fiber, protein and fat content in soybeans and nuts probably explains( that they both have gi as low as 20(ridicilously low, brown rice has around 70 and that is considered low).

Thread Information